Regular vs deluxe balconies on Regal/Royal

Jersey42

What are the differences between the regular balcony and the deluxe balcony rooms on the Regal/Royal? Based on what I have found it looks like the deluxe offers 10 square feet more room plus a love seat. But you lose three desk drawers and three shelves on the side of the refrigerator/cooler. Am I correct? Are there other differences?

That's it but we had sufficient storage space for our long cruises on the Royal & Regal.

We do not spend a lot of time in direct sunlight & even with most cabins being covered the angle of the sun resulted in direct sunlight & frequently made it too hot for us. The love seat couch was a good option for us & allowed us to enjoy the view when it was too hot on the balcony. The couch was much more comfortable than the desk chair, other chair or sitting on the bed...and definitely more comfortable than the balcony chairs. ;)

We've booked a deluxe balcony on our 3 Royal-class cruises but that was because we got good deals. I wouldn't pay a lot extra for a deluxe balcony but when the price is right it's our preferred type of cabin. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We like a sofa. But, we did without it easily because we booked one of the extended balcony rooms in Jan. and used that for relaxing. We had room to move the chairs around as opposed to the regular tiny size. There is enough storage in a regular balcony room for us.

It would depend on the length of the cruise for us. On a 7 day a regular balcony might be all right. On longer cruises it would not so we almost always book a mini-suite.

We like mini-suites but are considering booking a deluxe balcony cabin on Royal (20 days) ... but concerned we would miss the space in the mini-suite. Note: While we like having a balcony, we seldom use it. :confused:

LuLu

Thanks for the info. We ended up booking a deluxe balcony on Emerald deck because it was one of the cabins below the Seawalk with a larger balcony. It is technically an obstructed view, so it was cheaper than many of the non obstructed view regular balcony cabins. The love seat was a big plus. I am sure it will work out well.