No Bottles allowed

TXFATGUY

If this was really about smuggling alcohol, they would make the rule if you are caught smuggling, you will be removed from the cruise, no refund.. not we will take it away...

This is really another step toward assigning times to get on board the ship. First they went to emails about a time to board, then they changed this policy as they are wasting too much time through security for boarding.

The next rule will say that we still are not getting people on board in a timely manner, so we must institute a time for each party to board the ship. This will be the next big announcement.

So what is the problem with "timed" boarding...oh yea, then people have to figure out what to do with themselves from hotel check-out to boarding and, heaven forbid, they may not be in time to get that "free" lunch that, or so it seems, is the breaking point for some.

All I want when I board a cruise is to have it go as smoothly as it can. If my boarding pass says X:XX time that is when I will get there. I love that so many things are now "by appointment"...nothing is sweeter than to book a time at the DMV (dept of motor vehicles) and bypass all the peeps who get there early and are stuck waiting in line. Bring on designated boarding times, I'm all for it.

I don't get it though. They have juice on the Lido deck for free. If you want some for later in the day, bring a refillable bottle and put it in the fridge.

Is this new? When we first cruised there was fruit punch, but that got taken away. So then there was just lemonade.

Where can you get juice?

you folks are really something. You complain about 3.00 for water for a twelve pack. But you will pay 14.00 for a drink or six dollars for a beer. I can but a six pack for less rhen 6.00. Plus you will pay 2 to 3 dollars on an iced tea at a land based restaurant. Thats for tea and water. Everyone knows when you go on vacation anywhere that you must expect to pay higher prices it,s part of the game.

What people don't realize is those drinks contain very little actual cranberry and a quantity of sugar. Those pills taken with adequate fluid work miracles.

You're right about that. My mother is 91 and the doctor told her to take the cranberry pills and not the cranberry juice. She hasn't had a bladder infection for a couple of years now. Makes sense to me - less calories too.

Carnival is concerned about "unmonitored" consumption of alcohol. What I wonder is those who sign up for the drinking package who consumed way too much...maybe the rise in intoxicated folks might have some linkage? Ever hear of anyone on the packs being cut off?

People who complain that it's not about smuggling and more about profit must think that Carnival is some sort of charitable organization. Listen folks, they're out to make money...and they should. After all, they're a business. If you want to keep fares down to where you can afford to cruise as much as you do, something's got to give. Carnival is a fantastic value, and in order for it to stay that way, they have to make money somewhere. You want to bring wine on board? No sweat, but they're going to charge you to pop the cork. If they didn't, they'd get zip.

This new rule is ABSOLUTELY about smuggling AND making more profit (and I'm sure there's a smidgen of liability, security, etc. concerns as well). So what? I bet the people who complain don't work for free....why should Carnival?

Edited by Linerguy
Yep.

Am I the only one who brings gatorades on board to help hydrate after all the time in the sun? This creates a pretty big problem for me.

I know they sell Powerade on board but that stuff tastes terrible and is grossly marked up.

I am very disappointed in this new policy..

Am I the only one who brings gatorades on board to help hydrate after all the time in the sun? This creates a pretty big problem for me.

I know they sell Powerade on board but that stuff tastes terrible and is grossly marked up.

Gatorade is available in cans.

Crisis averted.

All grocery stores sell Gatorade in powder form.

Hands down, the best way to "hydrate" is to drink water. No additives, no sugars, no nothin'. Just plain water. Ask your doctor if you don't believe it. All that other stuff is just marketing and ad gimmicks.

Hands down, the best way to "hydrate" is to drink water. No additives, no sugars, no nothin'. Just plain water. Ask your doctor if you don't believe it. All that other stuff is just marketing and ad gimmicks.

And lots of sodium!! We had a dr that helped coach ds baseball team. Would not allow kids to bring gaterade/powerade to practice or games. Said it was the worse thing for hydration. And never put cases of water in suitcases!! You may not mind your clothes soaking wet, but I do. And it was actually not allowed before this new rule.

All grocery stores sell Gatorade in powder form.

That stuff may be worse than Powerade, but it is a solution being considered.

I was actually raised by 2 doctors and electrolytes added to water is the best way to hydrate. Hospitals looking to hydrate people give saline solutions, water mixed with salt and electorates, because it's better than just plain water. Dehydrated babies are regularly given pedialyte, a water and electrolyte solution. Gatorade is an electrolyte enhanced beverage, but they do add taste with sugar. If you're going to be condescending at least be right.

Also, just because some of you don't think its an issue doesn't mean it's not an issue for others. I'm sure there are policy changes that would bother you that other people wouldn't care about. Coming on here to tell everyone their concern is invalid is just passive aggressive trolling.

We had a dr that helped coach ds baseball team. Would not allow kids to bring gaterade/powerade to practice or games. Said it was the worse thing for hydration.

I'd find a new doc.

While sports drinks aren't a panacea they were initially developed to replenish electrolytes. They do help in moderation for someone who is very active. And I'm not talking about a 9-year playing one baseball game in the evening.

There are literally thousands of doctors overseeing college & professional sports programs over the world and sports drinks, along with water, are universally accepted.

I would like to add that coconut water is a great way to rehydrate. We swear by it, live in Florida where staying hydtated in the heat is very important and coconut water works for us. Isn't too bad mixed with rum either! LOL

Pat

I would like to add that coconut water is a great way to rehydrate. We swear by it, live in Florida where staying hydtated in the heat is very important and coconut water works for us. Isn't too bad mixed with rum either! LOL

Pat

This was another option being considered but I was wondering if I'm limited to the cans or if I can bring the cartons with resealable caps. My understanding of the policy is they are trying to get rid of all resealable packages coming onboard.

My personal preference for coconut water doesn't come in cans, but I may start trying some of the canned ones to see if any of those work for me.

I prefer bottles for my soda, but I can live with cans.

I wonder if Carnival is aware that some alcoholic beverages come on cans and that a lot of smuggled alcohol is smuggled in containers that do not contain glass.

Yeah, this wasn't nearly as bad as people were making it out to be. We can still bring a bottle of wine and a 12 pack of soda. And water is at an extremely reasonable price. No real impact for the majority of us, I think.

I agree. No big deal!!

That stuff may be worse than Powerade, but it is a solution being considered.

I was actually raised by 2 doctors and electrolytes added to water is the best way to hydrate. Hospitals looking to hydrate people give saline solutions, water mixed with salt and electorates, because it's better than just plain water. Dehydrated babies are regularly given pedialyte, a water and electrolyte solution. Gatorade is an electrolyte enhanced beverage, but they do add taste with sugar. If you're going to be condescending at least be right.

Also, just because some of you don't think its an issue doesn't mean it's not an issue for others. I'm sure there are policy changes that would bother you that other people wouldn't care about. Coming on here to tell everyone their concern is invalid is just passive aggressive trolling.

Interesting. I was raised by doctors, and around nurses and personal trainers. Every single one has said Gatorade and all other drinks like it are just hyped up sugar water/Kool Aid.

This was another option being considered but I was wondering if I'm limited to the cans or if I can bring the cartons with resealable caps. My understanding of the policy is they are trying to get rid of all resealable packages coming onboard.

My personal preference for coconut water doesn't come in cans, but I may start trying some of the canned ones to see if any of those work for me.

Wife and I drink a gallon a week of fresh coconut week. Here in San Pedro, Belize it cost us a whopping 2.50us a gal. Best thing ever for a hangover or dehydration.