Help!!

TMANGO

There is an elephant in the room you need to address very soon... A passport and birth certificate are identities for people. I would contact the nearest Passport Agency, or get forms online and report the passport lost. The two forms you need are:

DS-11 (Passport replacement)

DS-64 (Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport)

Both of these forms can be obtained from:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/forms.html

I would also contact the three credit reporting agencies and get copies of credit reports immediately and place a security hold on all requests for credit.

By the way, assuming two weeks to get a stamped birth certificate and 6 weeks to get a replacement passport, you should have no problems at all.

This!!

The official government website to request a free copy of each credit report once a year is annualcreditreport.com

This!!

The official government website to request a free copy of each credit report once a year is annualcreditreport.com

Thanks, I couldn't remember which one was actually the free one and didn't want to give out bad links. :)

There is an elephant in the room you need to address very soon... A passport and birth certificate are identities for people. I would contact the nearest Passport Agency, or get forms online and report the passport lost. The two forms you need are:

DS-11 (Passport replacement)

DS-64 (Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport)

Both of these forms can be obtained from:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/forms.html

I would also contact the three credit reporting agencies and get copies of credit reports immediately and place a security hold on all requests for credit.

By the way, assuming two weeks to get a stamped birth certificate and 6 weeks to get a replacement passport, you should have no problems at all.

Yes! This is the first, the most urgent and the most important, thing your daughter needs to do.

Get that missing passport cancelled ASAP, so no one else can use it. Your daughter could be a victim of identity theft.

US passports are like gold to people who want to use them illegally.

I know the cruise documentation is the uppermost thing on your minds, but that is secondary to protecting your daughter's identity.

While she should be able to obtain another birth certificate, she won't be able to get another passport until the first one is cancelled.

Edited by celle

By original they mean one issued by the town/county she was born in. Not a hospital certificate. I got mine from town I was born in. I used that before we got passports and had no trouble getting a passport with it.

Do what husnix/celle just said about replacing a lost passport. But do get another birth certificate too.

We've been on the Fantasy many times. We park at the garage there which opens 11:15-11:30. You take a bus there to the door to the port. Its less than a 5 minute ride. Then we head to deck 9 for lunch. As you walk past the pool there is the hamburger station on left,, a carving board (which is roast beef the 1st day) in the middle and the Mongolian wok on the right. But walk either side of these and that takes you to the buffet. At the back of the buffet is 24 hour pizza and the deli. This is where they make sandwiches for you while you wait and then a bar.

Make sure you take your camera 2nd night for pictures with the captain and the officers. This is in front of the Cats lounge on the promenade deck (8). You will have the fun Times in you cabin to see times and events for each day & night. Know you'll have fun!

Agree about notifying agencies of the lost passport and BC.

With your cruise not until fall you have tons of time to get new items.

I got a bc for my son just today. It took 15 minutes so I did it over lunch break.

Last time I got a passport it was about 10 minutes for a photo, 10 minutes in line, 10 minutes filling out forms and then a 4 week wait. No biggie.