Something a little lighter.

neverbeenhere

Am I alone in the fact that I cruise on Celebrity not X. I understand that some here abbrev.(enjoy) Celebrity as X for purposes of space. (Don't really know why) But when I am talking to someone and they say; "Oh you cruise on X, How is that?" I am bemused as it has always been Celebrity to me. Do I need to join the 2010s or can I still live in the 2000s?;):confused:

Am I alone in the fact that I cruise on Celebrity not X. I understand that some here abbrev.(enjoy) Celebrity as X for purposes of space. (Don't really know why) But when I am talking to someone and they say; "Oh you cruise on X, How is that?" I am bemused as it has always been Celebrity to me. Do I need to join the 2010s or can I still live in the 2000s?;):confused:
Certainly you can call it whichever you prefer. :D

Don't see why anyone else would care, either way.

Actually the X (the Greek letter Chi) for Chandris was already in use before it ever became Celebrity.

I like X. Chandris is the brand's legacy and the marketing link to excellence/excellent a few year's back was pretty clever. There was a time when you asked any staff member on board "how are you?" the answer would be "excellent!".

Edited by florisdekort

Is that actually speaking to someone (saying words, not typing)?

If it is talking, I can't imagine saying "X" instead of Celebrity.

If typing, I will use X if someone is familiar with the abbreviation.

If I'm reading, either one will do.

If speaking, I would not say X :p

For the record, I have NEVER joined the 2000s or the 2010s when it comes to "LOL".

I see that used at the most inappropriate time. I will not use it!:D