$50 OBC promotion

kona_wahine

asking one more time:o

sorry this is the first time that I use ES. If my category is sold out, and my cruise is gone up by 40.00, can I still put in for the 50.00 obc? I am thinking not, but dont really know.:o

I don't understand how this works, can somebody explain please??

We sail 08/17 from Tampa on the Paradise, "Oceanview" :confused:

All of the necessary information can be found on your invoice that Carnival should have emailed you. Select the ship from the drop down list, select the date of the cruise from the next list, the type (outside or oceanview for you) and the number of passengers. Check the appropriate boxes for > 55, past guest and select your state. Then figure out the characters in the little box and enter them in the other little box to the right.

Click "Continue". Now pick the fare type or sale fare that you think may be lower than yours. Only people who are booked Early Saver can get price reductions and that is usually the best fare as long as it is available, so select Early Saver. Click "Continue".

Now you see a table of cabin classifications. If you put in Outside or oceanview, the list will contain all of the available OV categories Find yours and compare the price to your current fare. If you don't know the category, look on the invoice near where the cabin number is listed.

At 5 months before the cruise, the Early Saver price is no longer available (7 day and up) and other fare sales might be lower. Even before the ES fare expires, sometimes a sale will cause YOUR cabin catagory to decrease and not others, for example a sale with free category upgrades. If the other sale fares look close, "Edit" the fare type and try other sales. Don't forget to check to see if some sales include OBC as part of the promo.

If you find a lower price fare without OBC and request a reduction, you will lose OBC gained as part of a fare promotion. You keep any previous OBC from onboard booking and some other sources of OBC.

It takes about a minute to check all the sale fares. Much faster than calling.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

Thank You! Filled out my price protection form, and Carnival responded within 5 minutes with my $50 OBC:)

Where is this "form" and how do you do for OBC?? I've looked in the FQs and I'm not finding. Help please :confused:

re my last post #31, about "if my cruise has gone up in fare, and my category is sold out, can I still get the obc?". I called my pvp and she advised no, because you would have to take the higher fare then, and even with the obc, there was no advantage, still ends up being a higher cost.

Just in case any one else wondering the same or similar. This is the first time I use ES.

Where is this "form" and how do you do for OBC?? I've looked in the FQs and I'm not finding. Help please :confused:

Just google "carnival price protection form" and it will come up. I'd copy and paste but my iPad doesn't cooperate. :D