Two reservations / one room / dining reservations?

jonj

Hoping someone can answer this for me as RCCL was no help when I called. I called reservations and Crown and Anchor. Crown and Anchor told me I can make the restaurant reservations four days prior to sailing which I know is not correct.

We are in a Royal family suite on the Anthem in June 2016. We are six people, however with the way Royal's reservation system is set up and not being able to have more than four people on one reservation we had to have four on one reservation and two on another even though we are all in the same room

My question is this - what happens when it comes time to make the dining reservations. How do I go about making them for everyone together? I cannot link the second reservation to my C&A account since I am not on that reservation. In the notes it does state that we are linked with the second reservation but their names do not show up when I look at the reservation

What happens when it comes time to do online check in for everyone?

In addition - When CAN I make restaurant reservations? I keep reading so many different things on this that I have no idea what is what

Thank you for any help anyone can provide

Edited by jonj

I'm pretty sure that when you go to make reservations you are given the option of adding people from another reservation - just follow the prompts after choosing that option.

When you can make reservations varies - on a recent cruise we couldn't make reservations til two weeks prior. I usually start checking near final payment time.

Hope this info helps.

I had thought you could link reservations in your cruise planner. If not, RC or your travel agent should be able to do it as long as there is enough seating available in the dining time you are selecting.

Dining reservations are made when you book. If you are talking about specialty dining, I think it becomes available in your cruise planner about 6 months ahead of your sailing date.

You cannot online check in someone not on your own reservation.

I'm assuming you're in MTD....if that's the case, they simply seat YOUR PARTY as one when you show up. Once on the ship, you can tell them how many and what time....if you feel the need to make reservations. You don't have to have reservations!

We are on the Anthem and therefore on Dynamic dining which means we have to make reservations for all restaurants if we prefer a specific time. Complimentary and specialty restaurants

Edited by jonj

I'm pretty sure that when you go to make reservations you are given the option of adding people from another reservation - just follow the prompts after choosing that option.

This is correct. When making your reservations, there will be an option somewhere on the page to "add guests from another reservation" (works for entertainment and shore excursions too). Just click on that and add the others in your room when making the reservation.

RCI had no problem linking our dining reservations in October, I made all the dining reservations for all of us. Call back and hopefully you will get another person who can link them. Each of us completed our own online check in, so I cannot help you there. I was able to make reservations up to five days before sailing in the past. If you look at the dining room you want to reserve, all the way at the bottom in the fine print it should give you the last date to reserve online.

If you look at the dining room you want to reserve, all the way at the bottom in the fine print it should give you the last date to reserve online.

Thank you, it does say that however I have no idea when the reservations for dining, shore excursions, shows open and that is part of my question. Again we are on the Anthem which doesn't have a MDR

I'm sorry, I completely overlooked that you were sailing in 2016. Dining reservations typically opened for me about 90 days out, but there is no set date. I know there is no MDR, but when you book each individual restaurant, there is really fine print down at the bottom. Hopefully you will get all this straightened out, it may not happen closer to your sailing date though.

Hoping someone can answer this for me as RCCL was no help when I called. I called reservations and Crown and Anchor. Crown and Anchor told me I can make the restaurant reservations four days prior to sailing which I know is not correct.

We are in a Royal family suite on the Anthem in June 2016. We are six people, however with the way Royal's reservation system is set up and not being able to have more than four people on one reservation we had to have four on one reservation and two on another even though we are all in the same room

My question is this - what happens when it comes time to make the dining reservations. How do I go about making them for everyone together? I cannot link the second reservation to my C&A account since I am not on that reservation. In the notes it does state that we are linked with the second reservation but their names do not show up when I look at the reservation

What happens when it comes time to do online check in for everyone?

In addition - When CAN I make restaurant reservations? I keep reading so many different things on this that I have no idea what is what

Thank you for any help anyone can provide

Try these steps within 90 days or so of your sailing for My Time Dining. I'm not sure how Dynamic works yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1zdxukb5a1rl1h/03%20how%20to%20make%20a%20my%20time%20dining%20reservation.pdf?dl=0

Edited by A6cruiser