Ventura 31 October 2015

dominicana

We are thinking of booking but have never cruises with P&O. We usually cruise with Celebrity (yes, I know I am comparing apples with oranges) an American cruise line and a British line. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Celebrity has many fans of course, as does P&O and having done both (and various other lines!) we prefer P&O. There are several reasons for this:

1. the choice of itineraries from Southampton.

2. better evening entertainment

3. more sociable for us as a couple

4. UK prices with no 15% gratuity on every drink

We enjoy every cruise we're on and aren't nit-pickers / moaners. P&O isn't perfect but the overall their package suits us.

That seems like a very fair comparison. Your first point is the most relevant for us. So tired of those awful Transatlantic flights. We are also about to try Cunard for the first time. Time to branch out methinks.

Hiya Dominicans yes we are on this cruise. I starting a thread in the rollcall forum earlier, but I see you have already found that. In case anyone else is on this cruise here's the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2220460#

Hi Sandancer and tartanexcile81 I am hoping to try Celebrity Eclipse sometime, am keeping a look out for deals

Edited by amajaa

Hello amajaa. Found the roll call and I will sign up if we decide to go ahead. We are also looking at booking a land stay in Lanzarote for 2 weeks but I keep comparing it with everything you get on a cruise compared with 2 weeks b&b for much the same price. Hope you get to try the Eclipse. We did the TA recently and had a great time.

Myself and my wife booked this cruise yesterday.

We went around the Canaries last October on the Emerald princess, but have no worries about returning with P&O. ( first time with p&o)

Loved the itinerary, including 3 ports we didn't do last year, the weather is constant all year round, so at the price, a no brainer for us.

Hope you all decide to book, and see you aboard!!!

Steve n Wendy