New dinning package?

This prices have certainly increased from the May 2015 prices that i had printed off. I'm showing $119 7 day just as an example. Remember you have to add the 18% gratuity to the price as well.

$119 + 18% = $140.42 the current price.

I base these assumptions on the fact that they would have to swipe your card at some point in the meal. With the 3 restaurant package you probably have a "credit" for 3 uses. If you go to three in one day I would guess you would use up all three credits.
I would guess you get a credit for 3 days, as the name of the package suggests. If they swipe your card additional times on the same day, it doesn't use up any additional credits.

In other words, once you decide to use your specialty dining package that day, you have the UDP for that day. That's my guess.

Press Releases

Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Flexible Specialty Dining Packages

Norwegian is bringing even more freedom to specialty dining, as guests can now select from customizable dining packages

Miami - Jun 11, 2015 ---

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today the introduction of new Specialty Dining Packages that allow guests the freedom to savor an array of tastes and unique experiences at the line's signature specialty restaurants and the flexibility to choose the number of nights they'd like to dine for one set price. Norwegian guests sailing fleetwide from August 7* and beyond can enjoy a Specialty Dining Package ranging from three days to the length of their entire cruise, with pricing starting at $59 per person** for a three-day package when purchased online prior to sailing, providing cruisers with an excellent value.

Guests who purchase a Norwegian Specialty Dining Package can opt to go medium-rare at Cagney's, Norwegian's signature steakhouse; make it al dente at a Norwegian's La Cucina Italian restaurant; enjoy an evening of fine Parisian dining at Le Bistro; and experience fun and fare at Teppanyaki, Norwegian's signature Japanese Hibachi restaurant.

With Freestyle Cruising and Norwegian's new Specialty Dining Packages, guests have the freedom to choose how, where and when they'd like to dine. Guests can tailor their taste buds to their cruising schedule and discover a different specialty restaurant each night or find a favorite and dine there a few nights during their vacation. Guests on a seven-day cruise can choose from packages ranging from three to seven nights, to make the most of their vacation experience and at a savings from the restaurant's individual cover charges.

Specialty Dining Packages are honored in all specialty steakhouses, Brazilian churrascarias, French, Japanese Hibachi and Italian restaurants. Norwegian guests who have purchased a Specialty Dining Package additionally have the flexibility to indulge in their heart's desire in select à la carte priced restaurants and entertainment-based restaurants for a small upcharge*** including:

- Ocean Blue (Norwegian Getaway/ Norwegian Breakaway) - $15

- Cirque Dreams (Norwegian Breakaway/Norwegian Epic)- $10 general seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Norwegian Breakaway

- The Illusionarium - $10 general seats/$15 premium seats

- For the Record: Dear John Hughes (Norwegian Escape)- $15

- Bayamo (Norwegian Escape)- $10

- Pincho Tapas Bar (Norwegian Escape)- $7

- The Raw Bar (Norwegian Getaway/ Norwegian Breakaway) - $7

- Sushi Bar (fleetwide)-$7

Specialty Dining Packages can be pre-purchased prior to sailing for additional savings or onboard during the first two days of the voyage; the dining packages are exclusively sold on the first day of the voyage on three-day itineraries only. Norwegian guests who pre-purchase a Specialty Dining Package prior to sailing can reserve their dining reservations online within 90 days of their sail date or go Freestyle and decide when and where to dine once onboard. Specialty Dining Packages are purchased individually and guests traveling in the same stateroom do not need to purchase packages as a group.

For more information on Norwegian Cruise Line's new Specialty Dining Packages, visit http://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages. To book a cruise on Norwegian, guests can contact their travel professional, call Norwegian at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), or visit http://www.ncl.com.

###

*Guests sailing aboard Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Star and Pride of America can purchase packages beginning August 1, 2015. Guests sailing aboard Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic and Norwegian Pearl can purchase packages beginning August 2, 2015. Guests sailing aboard Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Sun can purchase packages beginning August 3, 2015.

**Pricing based on number of dinners purchased in package. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge is added to all package pricing. Dining packages are not available on 1- and 2-day sailings. Specialty Dining Packages purchased online through MyNCL provide greater savings.

*** Carlo's Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Chef's Table, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), and beverages are not included as a part of Specialty Dining Packages.

Christina Baez: 305-436-4174

PublicRelations@ncl.com

"......

So the question I have is:

Does it have to be 3 separate venues or could you say do Cagneys twice and Bistro once?

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Specialty Dining Packages are available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1 and 2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. Specialty Dining Packages are not available on 1- and 2-day sailings. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. No kids pricing available. Specialty Dining Packages are non transferable. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. Carlo's Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Chef's Table, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment based restaurants, Bayamo, Ocean Blue restaurants, and beverages are not included as part of Specialty Dining Packages. You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15), Ocean Blue ($15), Bayamo ($10), Cirque Dreams and Illusionarium ($10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7), and Raw Bar ($7). Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at $10.00.

So the question I have is:

Does it have to be 3 separate venues or could you say do Cagneys twice and Bistro once?

You can eat wherever you want as many times as you want.

My 2 questions are:

1. If you only purchase the 3-6 day package do you only get the upcharge price the days you use the UDP or the length of the cruise.

2. Does the upcharge on sushi include all you can eat.

So prices are:

Item # Description Per Person Price

3UDP 3-Day Specialty Dining Package $59.00

4UDP 4-Day Specialty Dining Package $74.00

5UDP 5-Day Specialty Dining Package $89.00

6UDP 6-Day Specialty Dining Package $104.00

7UDP 7-Day Specialty Dining Package $119.00

8UDP 8-Day Specialty Dining Package $129.00

9UDP 9-Day Specialty Dining Package $139.00

10UDP 10-Day Specialty Dining Package $149.00

11UDP 11-Day Specialty Dining Package $159.00

12UDP 12-Day Specialty Dining Package $169.00

13UDP 13-Day Specialty Dining Package $179.00

14UDP 14-Day Specialty Dining Package $189.00

Please call to find out pricing for sailings longer than 15 days. 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added at time of purchase.

+ 18% service charge.

$10 off if pre-purchased else have to be purchased in day 1-2 of the cruise.

Not sure if there is a catch, but this seems on the surface a better deal than the UDP.

Only difference I see is where the UDP was a flat 25% off entertainment venues. For Cirque though this is actually more. It's 67% ($10 versus $30) or 62.5% off the premium seats ($15 versus $40).

Only thing I noticed was that if you choose to go to the Italian Restaurant, then might as well go outside this package. Even at 7 days, this is around $20 a day. Italian booked by itself is $17.70. I know, it's only a few dollars, but did find that strange.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm really glad I was able to switch my original booked perk of UDP to UBP and can now purchase this on it's own. Our only decision now is to go ahead and book all 7 nights like we originally were with the UDP, or go 5 nights and just do each specialty restaurant once. The soon to be wife already made the comment of 'well what if I want to eat at the steakhouse more than once night?' Haha, she loves her steak, so I think it'll just be easier if we get the 7-day one and go with that.

And if that $7 really is for AYCE sushi, well damn I can get my money's worth from that alone, haha.

My 2 questions are:

1. If you only purchase the 3-6 day package do you only get the upcharge price the days you use the UDP or the length of the cruise.

You would hope no.1 is remaining days as if you've had a Moderno dinner you won't want to eat anything else.

None of the press releases mention Food Republic on Escape..

One other thought I had. Do y'all think maybe this is what precipitated the whole a la carte rumor for Cagneys? With proper verbiage, this would now give three different choices for purchasing specialty dining, the full UDP (7 day or more for longer cruises), the 3-6 day packages and then a true "a la carte" where you pay for each individually. Would make sense and explain a lot. Of course it would now apply to all the specialties, not just Cagneys, if you choose to purchase separately.

Edited by tarps14

One other thought I had. Do y'all think maybe this is what precipitated the whole a la carte rumor for Cagneys? With proper verbiage, this would now give three different choices for purchasing specialty dining, the full UDP (7 day or more for longer cruises), the 3-6 day packages and then a true "a la carte" where you pay for each individually. Would make sense and explain a lot. Of course it would now apply to all the specialties, not just Cagneys, if you choose to purchase separately.

I doubt it. A La Carte is by the item. This is not that. You could always go to just Cagney's. A more likely thought is that the Cagney's going a la carte was just a rumor or an idea they were kicking around. Hopefully that is now off the table.

6&8

I noticed a lot more references to +speciality fees and additional entrees etc.. So I think a lot will have a base menu included with the premium choices a la carte on top.

This is very good news for people who don't already have the UDP as a promotion. I expect people who had to buy it for the entire length of their upcoming cruises will now start complaining loudly about NCL changing things without prior notice. But I suppose they can still get it refunded.

Yes, the 18% is factored in. The base price of the 6-day UDP is $104 per person.

6-day would be $104+18% $122.72 but you should get $10 off if pre-paying via myncl to take it $112.72

Edit: could be misreading it

Special Online Pre-Purchase Price. Don't wait until you get onboard to buy this package. Save $10 if you purchase in advance!

So if someone has paid $122.72 then it would be $132.72 if purchased onboard

Edited by Single Cruiser

That must be a UK perk. No 10% off on the USA site and it shows pricing with the 18% already added.

No it's on USA site:

http://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

It quotes prices and then says 18% to be added and save $10.

So those must be pre-pay prices. Add $10 (and presumably $1.80 extra grats) if purchased onboard

Edited by Single Cruiser

I doubt it. A La Carte is by the item. This is not that. You could always go to just Cagney's. A more likely thought is that the Cagney's going a la carte was just a rumor or an idea they were kicking around. Hopefully that is now off the table.

6&8

I wasn't referring to the traditional use of the phrase a la carte. I have also heard this term used to describe something that has been separated out from a package.

Edited by tarps14

My 2 questions are:

Re-reading T&C. The up charge is premium + one of your days.

So you could buy a 3 day package and have 2*Cagneys then 1*cirque by paying the upcharge.

Edited by Single Cruiser

Not sure if there is a catch, but this seems on the surface a better deal than the UDP.

Only difference I see is where the UDP was a flat 25% off entertainment venues. For Cirque though this is actually more. It's 67% ($10 versus $30) or 62.5% off the premium seats ($15 versus $40).

Only thing I noticed was that if you choose to go to the Italian Restaurant, then might as well go outside this package. Even at 7 days, this is around $20 a day. Italian booked by itself is $17.70. I know, it's only a few dollars, but did find that strange.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm really glad I was able to switch my original booked perk of UDP to UBP and can now purchase this on it's own. Our only decision now is to go ahead and book all 7 nights like we originally were with the UDP, or go 5 nights and just do each specialty restaurant once. The soon to be wife already made the comment of 'well what if I want to eat at the steakhouse more than once night?' Haha, she loves her steak, so I think it'll just be easier if we get the 7-day one and go with that.

And if that $7 really is for AYCE sushi, well damn I can get my money's worth from that alone, haha.

Here's the answer for the "soon to be wife". ;)

Guests can tailor their taste buds to their cruising schedule and discover a different specialty restaurant each night or find a favorite and dine there a few nights during their vacation.

Now this is weird. If you look at the NCL site, according to the pricing shown, if you purchase a 14-day "package", it cost $35 LESS than if you buy the 14-day UDP. Um, what? That makes no sense. For the seven day package vs the UDP 7-day it's the same, $119.

And it does show a $10 discount if pre-purchased prior to boarding, however, it also says Platinum members get $20 off the UDP price. Does this mean that Platinum gets the $20 plus $10 for pre-purchasing a UDP? That makes it a steal for them.

Edited by tarps14

Now this is weird. If you look at the NCL site, according to the pricing shown, if you purchase a 14-day "package", it cost $35 LESS than if you buy the 14-day UDP. Um, what? That makes no sense. For the seven day package vs the UDP 7-day it's the same, $119.

They are phasing out the UDP after July 31,2015. My guess people weren't buying it on the longer cruises,so this is a way to entice them.

I'm doing a 21 day cruise next year and just 7-8 days will work great for me

Now if they would let me buy the UBP for just 3-6 days that would really be a bonus

Edited by Caribbean King1