Recent Seaweed Reports From Orient

GTO-Girl

We will be there next week and are hoping the beach is back in good shape. Has anyone been there recently?

Also need a recommendation for something away from Pedro's since we will have our two granddaughters with us and would prefer to be a bit away from that end.

Thanks in advance for the info......

We will be there next week and are hoping the beach is back in good shape. Has anyone been there recently?

Also need a recommendation for something away from Pedro's since we will have our two granddaughters with us and would prefer to be a bit away from that end.

Thanks in advance for the info......

There was seaweed on our visit May 24th. It was not nearly as nice as in July of 2014 when we visited last. I would suggest checking out port of call reviews to get the latest reviews on Orient as it can change week to week. We actually walked the beach but decided to go over to Le Galion for a swim. We were going to stop at Orange Fever for a drink but they had taken there WiFi out in preparation for the new construction set to begin in June. Le Galion was in great shape on that day.

There was seaweed on our visit May 24th. It was not nearly as nice as in July of 2014 when we visited last. I would suggest checking out port of call reviews to get the latest reviews on Orient as it can change week to week. We actually walked the beach but decided to go over to Le Galion for a swim. We were going to stop at Orange Fever for a drink but they had taken there WiFi out in preparation for the new construction set to begin in June. Le Galion was in great shape on that day.

Thank you Karysa, you are always so helpful!

I think we are going to take our granddaughters to Le Galion and hope the seaweed won't be a problem there.

Thanks again!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Thank you Karysa, you are always so helpful!

I think we are going to take our granddaughters to Le Galion and hope the seaweed won't be a problem there.

Thanks again!

I've never seen a seaweed problem at Le Galion. I suppose because it is so sheltered, the seaweed torn up by rough water which periodically litters other beaches, just doesn't get in.

I've never seen a seaweed problem at Le Galion. I suppose because it is so sheltered, the seaweed torn up by rough water which periodically litters other beaches, just doesn't get in.

Thank you so much!!

We just returned june 5. Seaweed situation changed every day. Sometimes I didnt notice it at all. From kontiki to club o, small amt. bikini toward mt vernon, alot more. It wasnt a big deal stayed at the water line and never saw any in the water. It did not smell bad either. It was a non-issue to me

Edited by Cruzin RN

We just returned last week and although there was more seaweed than the year before it was not that bad to us. We did parasailing and some swimming. There was no smell and this is our favorite beach on the island. The water temperature was nice, so have a great time.