Future Cruise Deposit & OBC for single occupancy

OceanMonarch

My apologies if this has been asked before but I did a quick search and could not find the answer.

I purchased a FCD for my daughter whilst on board the QM2. She intends to sail alone and according to the standardized paperwork received, an OBC of $150.00 is the norm for this length of voyage/cabin selected.

Whilst at the on- board office the Cunard sales representative stated she would receive $300.00 and yesterday my travel agent checked with Cunard and apparently she will receive the $300 + $100 (from the agent).

This seems to good to be true.:) Has anyone had exact experience of this double OBC for singles? I guess you're being charged 100% surcharge for single occupancy so this could be the reason.

That's really good to know. I travel almost exclusively solo. I've never received a double OBC...because although the cabin price is pp, the OBC is per cabin....very tricky of the other cruiselines...:cool:

I'm sailing soon on QM2 and if all goes well, I just might look into buying a FCD.

Thanks for that information..hope it doesn't change before I get to take advantage of it..:D