Flash Mob on Allure/ Oasis?

I was on Oasis last month and, personally, I hated the flash mob rehearsals. As you can see they took up the entire width of the promenade and basically made it impossible to get past the rehearsal without getting smacked by flailing passengers. :(

They really should move the rehearsals to Dazzles or somewhere else that doesn't get much foot traffic during the day.

You're picture makes a valid point. I don't remember it being that much of an issue on Allure, but maybe that was because where it was and the fact the instructor rarely turned her back on the students. Clearly this photo is a choke point.

You're picture makes a valid point. I don't remember it being that much of an issue on Allure, but maybe that was because where it was and the fact the instructor rarely turned her back on the students. Clearly this photo is a choke point.

Plus, if they held the rehearsals somewhere else it would be more of a surprise when they did the actual flashmob.

• 2 months later...
Plus, if they held the rehearsals somewhere else it would be more of a surprise when they did the actual flashmob.

Another good point. When they did it on Allure it was at the other end of the promenade and people could at least get around. But the idea of doing it in the theater or elsewhere is a good one. (The practice that is)

They are not a surprise. It's basically a full on rehearsal

That's why it's kinda ridiculous. but there are those that enjoy it

so... more power to them.

Not to take away your point, its still a surprise to many people. Not everyone is passing through the promenade at 9:30am on a sea day when the practice occurs. But its clearly not a surprise when you see people lining up in various places to watch it happen.

Edited by BillOh

So where does the actual flash mob happen on Allure? Is it on the Royal Promenade?

I did [what they called] a 'flash mob' on Mariner back in 2013. It was really a performance though. We performed before the Quest. Our rehearsals were in the night club (which is now gone :(). It was awesome! We did Thriller. It was a highlight of that cruise for me.

So its really a 'Scheduled Mob'? :D

I'm certainly no expert, but this fad from the early 21st century is a bit dated, but my wife still loves participating hence this thread. Anyway. All flash mobs are scheduled by the participants, but the idea is its supposed to be a surprise to the surrounding "victims" or audience.

So where does the actual flash mob happen on Allure? Is it on the Royal Promenade?

I did [what they called] a 'flash mob' on Mariner back in 2013. It was really a performance though. We performed before the Quest. Our rehearsals were in the night club (which is now gone :(). It was awesome! We did Thriller. It was a highlight of that cruise for me.

If you want to see what it looks like on Allure, and it doesn't change ever, as far as I can tell, search GINA FLASH MOB ALLURE and sort by date and look for around summer 2011. Its in 1080 HD and a good looking video.

I'd post a link, but youtube is blocked where I work.

I'm certainly no expert, but this fad from the early 21st century is a bit dated, but my wife still loves participating hence this thread. Anyway. All flash mobs are scheduled by the participants, but the idea is its supposed to be a surprise to the surrounding "victims" or audience.

I getcha Bill... I was just trying to be a smart alec. Those that participate do seem to have fun even if its not a big surprise anymore.