Glasgow question self-tour

We be taking the ship's transport to/from Glasgow. We will be dropped off at Hanover Street, which we understand is a central point for sightseeing, shopping, etc. We are traveling with an older couple, wondering if there are also parks in the area, and/or public benches for people to sit down. Also, if anyone can recommend anything specifically we should see while in this area. Thanks.

This is actually George Square just down from the main shopping street Buchanan St. There are benches there, as well as plenty of cafes and pubs where you can take a break. The HOHO picks up there so that would be an easy choice for sightseeing. I like Glasgow Cathedral and Kelvingrove Museum myself but others will have their thoughts.

Hanover street is next to George Square. There is seating there. On the opposite side of the square you will find the departure point of the Hoho bus. This might be an option if the older couple don't wish to walk a lot. Glasgow has wonderful architecture and if travelling around "look up" to see some of this. If you take this tour there are lots of stops at museums and parks

https://peoplemakeglasgow.com/things-to-do/top-attractions/city-sightseeing

There are seats in the main streets, if it is warm enough, or in the shopping centres. There are. Plenty of taxis at Queen Street Station, near where you get dropped off, if there is one specific place you wish to see.

If I can help with anything please ask.

Glasgow is a fascinating city with very interesting architecture. The sights are spread out so I also recommend the HOHO bus. If the weather is nice, it's a great way to see Glasgow. We enjoyed Glasgow Cathedral, Kelvingrove Museum (they do organ concerts at lunch time), and the Glasgow School of Art. The Glasgow City Chambers (Town Hall) building, which is right on George Square is beautiful and you can take a guided tour, which I enjoyed very much. George Square is beautiful with lots of benches and a good people watching zone. Enjoy your time in Glasgow.

Susan

Glasgow is a fascinating city with very interesting architecture. The sights are spread out so I also recommend the HOHO bus. If the weather is nice, it's a great way to see Glasgow. We enjoyed Glasgow Cathedral, Kelvingrove Museum (they do organ concerts at lunch time), and the Glasgow School of Art. The Glasgow City Chambers (Town Hall) building, which is right on George Square is beautiful and you can take a guided tour, which I enjoyed very much. George Square is beautiful with lots of benches and a good people watching zone. Enjoy your time in Glasgow.

Susan

Unfortunately the Glasgow School of Art suffered a very serious fire last year and is currently covered with scaffolding and tarpaulins as it undergoes restoration Susan

Unfortunately the Glasgow School of Art suffered a very serious fire last year and is currently covered with scaffolding and tarpaulins as it undergoes restoration Susan

So sad to hear that news. It is such a unique building and we very much enjoyed our tour. Glad to know that it's being restored.

Susan