Gem cost guard medevacs

shof515

I was on the Gem when this happen:

http://coastguardnews.com/coast-guard-medevacs-cruise-ship-norwegian-gem-passenger-40-miles-east-of-cape-ann/2015/06/12/

It was too dark to see anything. The helicopter hover about 25/50ft above the ship on the port side by the sports court. The USCG is quick, it only took them about 15 minutes to pick up the sick passenger and away they want. The ship never slowed down and it maintained speed

I was on the Mercury many years ago and they took someone off the same way. It was really surreal,as we on a day at sea and out of nowhere came a helicopter...

One of those " I hope they had trip insurance" major expenses.

There was also one on our gem April cruise. The sky was black and the air crew risked their lives getting this person off, they had no stars to navigate, were using night vision goggles and they had to keep turning the ship to keep the smoke stack horizontal. They did a fabulous job and his wife said he had emergency surgery and ncl saved his life getting him off by turning back the ship yo the nearest land.

I was on the Mercury many years ago and they took someone off the same way. It was really surreal,as we on a day at sea and out of nowhere came a helicopter...

One of those " I hope they had trip insurance" major expenses.

I do not think the US Coast guard does not charge for rescues.