Crowds At Roatan

Raxter54

I was checking the Cruise TT website so see how busy our ports would be for our upcoming trip. Cozumel will be no problem with crowds since we've reserved spots at Nachi Cocom, and at Belzie there is only one other ship.

At Roatan, it will be us on the Dream, Carnival Glory, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Jade, and Liberty of the Seas. A few Questions:

1) Will the Glory be docking at Mahogany Bay with the Dream? If so, how crowded do you think the beach there will be?

2) Where do the other ships dock in relation to Mahogany Bay?

3) Will this many ships in port swamp the excursions offered by independent operators (Bodden?) ?

4) Will two Carnival ships in port swamp the excursions offered by Carnival?

Thanks in advance for any insights :D

I've been to Mahogany Bay many times and I have also done private tours in Roatan. Personally, I enjoy not running around and just spending time on the beach at MB. It can get crowded, but if you get there early you can find a great sunny or sunny spot and have a very relaxing day. The private cabanas are great and if you can get 4 people to share, the cost is less than a private excursion and you don't have to deal with the crowds.

Edited by mek