When do you receive your Elite Pin

Sailaway John

Had to ask Dudette because I couldn't remember.....she thinks the card and pin was received at the end of the cruise that we became Elite. However, neither of us could find them if we had to. SJ, I thought you folks were Elite already....regardless I know you are elite people.

You receive your Elite pin and information at the end of your 15th cruise or the end on the cruise during which you complete 150 days cruising with Princess. The benefits begin with your very next cruise.

Our experience is different then described above. My Mom reached Elite status at the end of the pacific coastal we took in April and she didn't receive anything the last night of the cruise. In fact, her status on the Princess website didn't change from platinum to elite until the day after we got home. She still hasn't received anything in the mail except for the captains circle magazine which lists her status as elite. It would have been nice but it is not the end of the world. At least they have her status right online.

I am going on a cruise early next year and whilst on that cruise I will reach my Elite Status. When is it recognised and when do you receive your pin of recognition.

I reached Elite status on the 3rd day of my Mexican Riviera cruise in February and my letter and pin were delivered to my cabin within a couple days.

Debr

We reached elite status at the end of our last cruise. On the last evening we received the elite package in our cabin. Unfortunately, there was only one pin in there and the Captain's Circle office was closed. I emailed Princess when we got home and received the pin in the mail two days later. If you don't receive it just let Princess know.

We will become elite at the end of the the second segment of a three segment cruise. Since you get new cruise cards at the beginning of each segment I'm wondering if we will receive a black card for the third segment.

We will become elite at the end of the the second segment of a three segment cruise. Since you get new cruise cards at the beginning of each segment I'm wondering if we will receive a black card for the third segment.

Yes you should. I would see the CC host midway through the second one. ;)

You should definitely have it for the third segment. But just to be safe, do as Colo Cruiser suggests: see the Captain's Circle host and let them know you are expecting it.

I believe you are allowed to go to the Elite Debarkation Lounge at the end of the cruise where you reach Elite. Of course, it looks a lot like the Platinum Debarkation Lounge.

We steer as far away from this as possible and have for a long time. Usually way too crowded and even if there is someone checking at the door they end up not checking. There are far more relaxing places I can think of. :rolleyes:

One thing to keep in mind is that the system takes time to recognize new status.

When I became platinum, we had just finished one cruise and a few days later, embarked on a new cruise. The system had not yet been updated and received gold cruise card. We went to the Captain Circle host who issued us our platinum cards...

So, yes, I would go see the CC host before the end of that segment

We became Elite at the end of our recent cruise on the Golden.

I asked the onboard Captain's Circle representative when we'd receive our packet. She said she didn't have access to the information and to contact Captain's Circle after our account updated post cruise. I did and Elite pins were mailed. They said cards were discontinued in 2013.

It is a little strange... no Elite information, but she was in the process of making a multitude of packages for potential "new" members. New members...new money. Old members...old news... Call when you get home.

B

Edited by bellebaby

Dudette who is the font of all knowledge checked her scrap books and confirmed that we did receive our pins and cards on the last evening of our 15th cruise. I didn't know that they had discontinued the membership cards, which were probably useless except to go into a scrap book. However, I did find out in January that they now only issue one cruise card for a b/b cruise. Now if I could only find those black pins.:confused:

Not to sound curmudgeonly...OK, well...

I'm grateful for the free laundry and little bottles of booze, really I am. But when I started sailing HAL with my Mom, they gave out souvenir ceramic tiles after every cruise. One's on my bedside table now, serving as a coffee coaster. Very nice. A cheesy made-in-China pin worth maybe a buck or two? Not so much.

Oh well, at least it's not plastic.

I'm grateful for the free laundry and little bottles of booze, really I am. But when I started sailing HAL with my Mom, they gave out souvenir ceramic tiles after every cruise. One's on my bedside table now, serving as a coffee coaster. Very nice. A cheesy made-in-China pin worth maybe a buck or two? Not so much.

I bet those tiles are neat. That would be cool to receive. :)

I think HAL may still do that....again I am not sure where ours is.:D

I become elite starting with the 2nd segment of our b2b...And even though they only now issue one cruise card for b2b, I can go to the Captain's Circle host and have my black elite cruise card issued, if I understand correctly?

Thanks! :)

The Passenger Services Desk would be the one to issue the new card.