11:30 flight after Venice disembark??

mimi7ccr

I would be interested to know if anyone has been on a cruise ending in Venice with arrival time posted as 8 a.m., then not using cruiseline transfers, just did it on their own via taxi or people mover to P.Roma and then ATVO express bus to Marco Polo airport and made the 11:30 flight to USA. The cruise line advises you to book flights AFTER 11:30, but the flight I would be booking leaves AT 11:30. NCL only books transfers for you if you do their air, and we were wanting to book our own, so it looks like we would be on our own. Other option would be to stay overnight in a hotel and fly out the next day, but I would really like to be able to make that flight. Anyone???

Not the same circumstances but similar flight times .... on our last visit to Venice, we had a noon flight on Delta to JFK. We took the 9:20am ATVO express bus and only had about 10 minutes to spare before they announced boarding.

I'd suggest being on the 8:50am ATVO bus which will arrive around 9:10.

I am curious about taxis in Venice. We will be disembarking there in October and will need a taxi to the airport. Are there taxis available near the pier? We will be on the NCL Spirit.

We have always been able to get transfers on ship to the airport even without booking the ship's air. NCL sent me an email asking about purchasing transfers. Usually, the transfers are early and not cheap.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully, we will get some more answers to this question. I'm particularly interested in all the folks that have booked that 11:30 US Air flight Venice to Philly, whether or not they are making it OK.

I will recheck with NCL to see if we can get transfers and book our own air.

We are not in a suite, but are Latitudes members, so perhaps that will help.

Not the same circumstances but similar flight times .... on our last visit to Venice, we had a noon flight on Delta to JFK. We took the 9:20am ATVO express bus and only had about 10 minutes to spare before they announced boarding.

I'd suggest being on the 8:50am ATVO bus which will arrive around 9:10.

Is it necessary, or recommended, to advance purchase tickets for the ATVO bus? Or do they just pack 'em in so nobody gets left behind? Thanks, m--

Is it necessary, or recommended, to advance purchase tickets for the ATVO bus? Or do they just pack 'em in so nobody gets left behind? Thanks, m--

I've used the ATVO bus 6 - 7 times and it was never more than 3/4 full. I don't know if that's typical or we've been lucky. We buy the tickets at boarding .... from their ticket machine, from their office at P Roma, and even from a driver.

I am curious about taxis in Venice. We will be disembarking there in October and will need a taxi to the airport. Are there taxis available near the pier? We will be on the NCL Spirit.

We have always been able to get transfers on ship to the airport even without booking the ship's air. NCL sent me an email asking about purchasing transfers. Usually, the transfers are early and not cheap.

Thanks in advance.

We disembarked in Venice a while back. The taxi line was well marked, and there was really no wait.

We had an 11:30 flight last year. I was was quite nervous about doing this -- and it turns out with good reason. Unlike you we docked at San Basilio.The smartest thing we did was book a private transfer. When we arrived at the airport the line was practically out the door. Luckily we were flying biz class and have status with United so we were able to get in a shorter line. We ran into another couple from our ship at the gate who came rushing in as we were boarding -- they had been in the long line. I prefer not to end a nice trip with that kind of stress so I am not sure I would do it again.

Thank you. That's exactly the info I needed. It seems like so many of the flights leave at 11:30, so I was hoping for some first-hand experience. We are definitely planning on 4 nights in Venice and WERE going to do it pre-cruise, but now I think the safest bet is to stay in an apartment for the 4 nights post-cruise and stay one night pre-cruise in a mid-range hotel or B&B. That should resolve all the issues.