Freedom May 23, 2015 (define confirmation? )

meslt1992

All the more reason to never cruise on Carnival again They don't need me and I reciprocate that feeling.

This is all simply to forewarn any future possible customers that carnival might encounter that they are not forthcoming with their confirmations.what you may think your getting is not what you will have.

Sorry, but a confirmation IS a guarantee. It's confirming what you purchased. You buy X, you get confirmation of X, you get X and not Z instead!

Using the asst. Maitre'D's logic, having a confirmation of a flight at noon, means you're now flying out at 5PM. :rolleyes:

I agree tell Carnival that

Wow that is terrible. I probably would have kept insisting that the matter be resolved. You where confirmed. They should have found a way to accommodate you. That being said I would not go as far as to never go back on a specific cruise line because of this one incident. But that's just me.

Sorry, but a confirmation IS a guarantee. It's confirming what you purchased. You buy X, you get confirmation of X, you get X and not Z instead!

Using the asst. Maitre'D's logic, having a confirmation of a flight at noon, means you're now flying out at 5PM. :rolleyes:

You must not fly much because I can guarantee you just because you have a confirmation of a noon flight DOES NOT mean you will leave at noon. It doesn't even mean you will be on the flight even if it does leave at noon.

I usually have all day on the day I fly so I will give up my seat voluntarily, but the flight the other day needed 19 people to volunteer. I only saw 5 other people volunteer so if that was true, 14 people with confirmed flights did not get on.

I don't care who you sail with. I can promised I am not making excuses for carnival. I am just telling you how it is. And btw, that does not only go for carnival. It is all of them, and if you read through all the stuff you will find out that while they did not do a great job in the email they sent out, their butts are well covered.

I have in my possession a confirmation sheet that shows my cabin number, it shows my cruise date, the cruise ship, and it also shows anytime dining.

When we arrived on board we were promptly placed on the 8:15 dining time.

When I discussed this with guest services I was referred to the head maitre d. I discussed this issue with boththe head and assistant maitre d's and both of them said we will get back to you.

I received postcards in my mailbox in my cabin that said, sorry you're out of luck.

So what does confirmation mean to Carnival Cruise Lines? Well I can tell you what it means to me.

It means that I will never cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines again.

They try to imitate Norwegian Cruise Lines by having anytime dining, but once again Carnival will always fall short of the premium Cruise Lines .

what a failure.

Even after a similar survey left for CCL they've made no attempt to contact me.

I'm left with the assumption that Carnival Cruise Lines has no concern for their guests, just their guests $$$.[emoji107]

But how was the rest of the cruise? What did you do on the ship? What ports did you visit? What excursions did you take?

I guess I don't get how the timing of seven meals can totally ruin a cruise.

All the more reason to never cruise on Carnival again They don't need me and I reciprocate that feeling.

This is all simply to forewarn any future possible customers that carnival might encounter that they are not forthcoming with their confirmations.what you may think your getting is not what you will have.

I am very sorry about your dining time. We always book early seating. If we were given late seating I'd be really po'd as that is just too late.

However, did you enjoy the rest of the cruise?

I had posted earlier that even though it was incredibly late for dinner the Posh dining staff were TOP NOTCH !!

However, that doesn't override the poor communications of Carnival.

I can get the same type of dinner on Norwegian cruise lines at any time I want it.

I don't have to wait till 8:15p.m. and I don't have to wait for someone to give me a false dinner time.

Anything that carnival does NCL does better and on my time because it is free style.

Again this entire posting was for people to be forewarned.

If they think that they're getting my time dining, most likely they won't.

But how was the rest of the cruise? What did you do on the ship? What ports did you visit? What excursions did you take?

When I'm on vacation I do what I want when I want. I do not wait for someone to tell me to go eat dinner at 8:15 p.m.

My choices were either wait till 8:15 p.m., or go eat in the buffet.

My ticket that I paid for this cruise ship tells me I'm entitled to a full sit down dinner every night.

if I get less than that then I'm being short changed by carnival.

I don't agree with you on this. To say that anyone who opts for anytime dining will most likely not receive this option is unfair. I believe this was an isolated incident and does not happen very much or we would see it on this board all the time. I do agree that this was handled poorly in your situation

I had posted earlier that even though it was incredibly late for dinner the Posh dining staff were TOP NOTCH !!

However, that doesn't override the poor communications of Carnival.

I can get the same type of dinner on Norwegian cruise lines at any time I want it.

I don't have to wait till 8:15p.m. and I don't have to wait for someone to give me a false dinner time.

Anything that carnival does NCL does better and on my time because it is free style.

This is simply not true. Most if not all will get it.

What Carnival should do is instead of writing "confirmed", write "request confirmed".

They should also have you list first choice, 2nd choice and 3rd choice.

Late dining just doesn't work for lots of people.

I agree with you.

This is simply not true. Most if not all will get it.

Again, the maitre d said that people wanting YTD 10 months before the cruise didn't get it.

So, no one wanted YTD until I requested it 4 months later? ??

Highly unlikely .....

It's statements like this, which is totally untrue, that get people all fired up. I agree, like others have said, that your situation was not handled very well. A few times during my cruise history, I had to see the maître d' to fix dining arrangements. That's why they make themselves available around 1:30 on embarkation day. (it's even listed in the Fun Times). Nicely talking with them usually gets the job done. The "tone" of your posts leads me to believe that you were confrontational when speaking to them, which gets you nowhere. I hope I am wrong with that assumption, and am truly sorry that you didn't get what you were confirmed for.

It's statements like this, which is totally untrue, that get people all fired up. I agree, like others have said, that your situation was not handled very well. A few times during my cruise history, I had to see the maître d' to fix dining arrangements. That's why they make themselves available around 1:30 on embarkation day. (it's even listed in the Fun Times). Nicely talking with them usually gets the job done. The "tone" of your posts leads me to believe that you were confrontational when speaking to them, which gets you nowhere. I hope I am wrong with that assumption, and am truly sorry that you didn't get what you were confirmed for.

My "tone" is for current CC members.

I was polite and quite and non-confrontational. Again their resolution was after our meeting with them.

So, is the "10 month" statement by the assistant maitre d untrue?

Were you there?

Then you are clueless.

My "tone" is for current CC members.

I was polite and quite and non-confrontational. Again their resolution was after our meeting with them.

So, is the "10 month" statement by the assistant maitre d untrue?

Were you there?

Then you are clueless.

I was not trying to be nasty to you, just trying to figure out what went wrong. No, I wasn't there, but I am far from "clueless". Clueless is going to Guest Services first, to try to fix a dining problem.

Edited by Jamman54

Again, the maitre d said that people wanting YTD 10 months before the cruise didn't get it.

So, no one wanted YTD until I requested it 4 months later? ??

Highly unlikely .....

I think he was mistaken or you heard wrong, but anyway, I do think they need to open more anytime dining slots. And people making waves can only help that cause.

I was not trying to be nasty to you, just trying to figure out what went wrong. No, I wasn't there, but I am far from "clueless". Clueless is going to Guest Services first, to try to fix a dining problem.

Touche!

First, I agree the situation was handled poorly at best.

Secondly, if you don't think ALL businesses are in business to make $$$, then you're missing out on reality. And if you know of a business not in the business for making $$$ please post it here so we will all know not to invest in that company.

Thirdly, I hope you will hold NCL or whoever you are going to cruise with to the same service standards. I understand you believe them to do ATD perfectly and they may, but what if, god forbid, they run out of tools at the pool, what then. Dinners make up approximately 6% of the total time of the cruise. Are you really going to let this ruin the entire trip? That's really a shame if you did.

Finally, I believe you said you filled out a survey form(I maybe wrong here) to voice your concerns. Seems an e-mail, followed by a phone call would be better. Also, have you tried the unconditional satisfaction guarantee? That may be something that could work.

First, I agree the situation was handled poorly at best.

Secondly, if you don't think ALL businesses are in business to make $$$, then you're missing out on reality. And if you know of a business not in the business for making $$$ please post it here so we will all know not to invest in that company.

Thirdly, I hope you will hold NCL or whoever you are going to cruise with to the same service standards. I understand you believe them to do ATD perfectly and they may, but what if, god forbid, they run out of tools at the pool, what then. Dinners make up approximately 6% of the total time of the cruise. Are you really going to let this ruin the entire trip? That's really a shame if you did.

Finally, I believe you said you filled out a survey form(I maybe wrong here) to voice your concerns. Seems an e-mail, followed by a phone call would be better. Also, have you tried the unconditional satisfaction guarantee? That may be something that could work.

NCL does handle ADT perfectly.

Actually I know where the op is coming from. I don't care if dining is 1% of the cruise. If I had to deal with an 8:15 dining time it would ruin my entire cruise, that is why I said, I would get back off the ship.

NCL does handle ADT perfectly.

Actually I know where the op is coming from. I don't care if dining is 1% of the cruise. If I had to deal with an 8:15 dining time it would ruin my entire cruise, that is why I said, I would get back off the ship.

If they had made their final decision before we had left Galveston I would have considered this.(aside from the 10 hour drive home)

Honestly it was the ONLY reason I booked with CCL to begin with.

Saying that my statement was not true was nasty.

If I'm so wrong about this why is everybody pushing so hard to defend Carnival Cruise Lines? if they're all that, then why aren't I just someone to be forgotten

When I'm on vacation I do what I want when I want. I do not wait for someone to tell me to go eat dinner at 8:15 p.m.

My choices were either wait till 8:15 p.m., or go eat in the buffet.

My ticket that I paid for this cruise ship tells me I'm entitled to a full sit down dinner every night.

if I get less than that then I'm being short changed by carnival.

Guess she didn't do anything the whole cruise except wait for her designated time to eat ;)

Saying that my statement was not true was nasty.

Because your statement is not, or never will be true. Because it happened (wrongly) to you, doesn't mean that it happens to everybody.

Enjoy your next cruise on whatever line you choose to sail.

Because your statement is not, or never will be true. Because it happened (wrongly) to you, doesn't mean that it happens to everybody.

Enjoy your next cruise on whatever line you choose to sail.

I will because I'll be back on a premium cruise line NCL.