New P&D party rules

sailor_jimc

Ok- when Carnival posted the new rules for the past guest party and declared that "only" P&D guests will be allowed to attend, many people commented that they wouldn't go if their non-platinum children could not attend. I made a comment to that thread saying there was NO WAY Carnival would turn your children away if you wanted to attend. I was quickly rebutted by people saying that HQ re-stated that ONLY those invited could attend.

Fast forward to June 13th where the wife and I were in the party on the Breeze. There were about 10 kids in there , 3 of them were "interviewed" by the CD when they came up tot the stage to help hand out beads or something. he asked them how many cruises they had been on, 2 of them were on their second cruise and one was on their 1st. It was possible that some of the others were old enough to be platinum but I doubt all were.

So I restate it- There is no way Carnival would turn your children away from the party.

Now having gotten that off my chest.. The drinks flowed in large glasses. My wife was able to get a Kiss on the Lips and a Chocolate Mocha Get-Away and I was able to get some nice scotch so there didn't seem to be any limit to what you get order to drink. They had the normal drinks floating around but you could order what ever you wanted and got it fairly quickly. The food was about the same as what was served before. The party on the Breeze filled the comedy lounge. and the content of the "show" really has not changed that much. It's just less crowded.

Ok- when Carnival posted the new rules for the past guest party and declared that "only" P&D guests will be allowed to attend, many people commented that they wouldn't go if their non-platinum children could not attend. I made a comment to that thread saying there was NO WAY Carnival would turn your children away if you wanted to attend. I was quickly rebutted by people saying that HQ re-stated that ONLY those invited could attend.

Fast forward to June 13th where the wife and I were in the party on the Breeze. There were about 10 kids in there , 3 of them were "interviewed" by the CD when they came up tot the stage to help hand out beads or something. he asked them how many cruises they had been on, 2 of them were on their second cruise and one was on their 1st. It was possible that some of the others were old enough to be platinum but I doubt all were.

So I restate it- There is no way Carnival would turn your children away from the party.

Now having gotten that off my chest.. The drinks flowed in large glasses. My wife was able to get a Kiss on the Lips and a Chocolate Mocha Get-Away and I was able to get some nice scotch so there didn't seem to be any limit to what you get order to drink. They had the normal drinks floating around but you could order what ever you wanted and got it fairly quickly. The food was about the same as what was served before. The party on the Breeze filled the comedy lounge. and the content of the "show" really has not changed that much. It's just less crowded.

Not surprising to me. I'm glad common sense prevailed. Thanks for the report.

Glad to hear it has improved. I'm sorry for the Gold folks who are no longer invited, but the party had gotten out of hand. However, I think this new rule might not have had to happen if they'd only allowed those with invites to come to it. I can understand their children being included, but we know there were tons more that shouldn't have been there.

May 18th on the Legend, only the person whose name was on the invite got in. It was highly monitored as to who got in the room.

Glad to hear the upgraded party is much better! Sucks for the golds, but good for us platinums and diamonds!

Wonderful to know. What a treat to have little ones present while adults get plastered on their unlimited free drinks.

It's always wise to encourage the attendance of children at events where alcohol flows freely. I can see why Platinum and Diamonds endorse (and expect) this privilege.

Wonderful to know. What a treat to have little ones present while adults get plastered on their unlimited free drinks.

It's always wise to encourage the attendance of children at events where alcohol flows freely. I can see why Platinum and Diamonds endorse (and expect) this privilege.

Seriously?! I bet there aren't too many who a able to get "plastered" at this P&D party. I don't think you need to worry that children will be exposed to bad behavior. [emoji38]

My son is 12 and platinum, he cruises with us since he is 6, he always comes with us at the party. Out of 14 party we went, only 1 time i saw a men get plastered. I think he took mybe 12 ou more "blue drinks".

Why the potshot at Plat/Diamond? You will be able to take your kids again soon enough.

Saw it was more a dig at people having kids there.

I may just be a jerk, but I took it as he is pissed he can't go and feels the need to lash out at the activities taking place on the other side of the velvet rope.

BTW, I always take my kids as they enjoy getting plastered on unlimited free drinks too.

jealous?

Huge difference as to whether the children were "invited" or the parents just bullied their kid's way in. The crew members on your cruise obviously needed to grow a pair and learn to enforce their rules. :rolleyes:

Huge difference as to whether the children were "invited" or the parents just bullied their kid's way in. The crew members on your cruise obviously needed to grow a pair and learn to enforce their rules. :rolleyes:

Bullied? So, if my wife and I roll through lines with our invites and child in tow who is 'only gold' and I don't ask, and they say nothing, it is bulling crew members?

If said crew members 'had a pair' and turned away my 6 year old, my wife and I would leave as well. I don't think that is the intention of the party. It is not like I'm bringing my entire extended family.

His laundry goes in my wash and fold bag too. I must be bullying the room steward into taking my bag of clothes that just aren't the card holders.

I also bully the pursers to allow him to skip the tender line rather than have him wait in line and meet us on shore.

I'm not platinum, so I don't attend the parties, but I am glad to hear that common sense won out here. I mean really, what were parents supposed to do? So 2 platinum parents have kids who are not. They want to attend the party but their kids are not invited. Just seems so wrong that their children wouldn't be allowed in. Not all kids go to the kids club and depending on the age you can't always leave them alone in the cabin to go to the party. Common sense says allow the kids! I get non-platinum adults, but kids should be the exception to the rule and I am glad on your sailing that happened!

Plastered on unlimited watered down drinks? Too funny.

You are right on point !!:) After the Blue/Green/Purple drinks went by on a tray, we found a waitress with an empty tray.:confused:

We ordered a rum+ GA , a rum+CS, the waiters brought us 2 each, and then our original waitress did the same....:confused: So now we had 4 - rum and something drinks, and basically no alcohol in any of them, then before the end of the party, they brought 4 more, 2 of each!! .... Coke, Ginger Ale, Club soda, but RUM, non existent, maybe they whispered it, like they do with Vermouth over a Dry Martini........ Rum was only in the Blue/Green/Purple drinks.....RIGHT!!!:D

The P&D party is nice, but P&D cruisers are usually DONE with the Foo Foo drinks by the time they reach that status. Now, that is a generalization, but one I would say needs some attention at the Past Guest Party planning commission, if there is one!!:confused::D

You are right on point !!:) After the Blue/Green/Purple drinks went by on a tray, we found a waitress with an empty tray.:confused:

We ordered a rum+ GA , a rum+CS, the waiters brought us 2 each, and then our original waitress did the same....:confused: So now we had 4 - rum and something drinks, and basically no alcohol in any of them, then before the end of the party, they brought 4 more, 2 of each!! .... Coke, Ginger Ale, Club soda, but RUM, non existent, maybe they whispered it, like they do with Vermouth over a Dry Martini........ Rum was only in the Blue/Green/Purple drinks.....RIGHT!!!:D

The P&D party is nice, but P&D cruisers are usually DONE with the Foo Foo drinks by the time they reach that status. Now, that is a generalization, but one I would say needs some attention at the Past Guest Party planning commission, if there is one!!:confused::D

Agreed, the colored drinks are just heartburn in a glass for me. I leave them for anyone willing to have one.

Well they are no longer watered down drinks. They were serving full size drinks. But getting plastered would have been work. The party only lasts an hour, so you would have to really work at it to have more than 2 drinks. And if that is the only reason you go to the party (to suck down as many drinks as you could grab) then you most likely didn't bring your kids along anyway. In fact I don't think I saw any people with more than one drink on there table. So I guess without the golds the party is less of a booze fest then it used to be...

Well they are no longer watered down drinks. They were serving full size drinks. But getting plastered would have been work.

This is true, if all you're getting is ginger ale, coke , or club soda, some sort of artificial fruit mix!! It would take all night, but all you would get is a sugar buzz!:D

FWIW, we've been told by frequent cruisers, if you want a real buzz at a PGP, then order beer or wine...:)

The party only lasts an hour, so you would have to really work at it to have more than 2 drinks. And if that is the only reason you go to the party (to suck down as many drinks as you could grab) then you most likely didn't bring your kids along anyway.

??? Hmmm....I never saw this as a problem....:confused: If the apps are endless for the 45 minute PG Party, then why shouldn't the cocktails be the same?:confused: If we got fake bread, fake meat, etc... fake whiskey and old beer in a cocktail, would any care??

In fact I don't think I saw any people with more than one drink on there table. So I guess without the golds the party is less of a booze fest then it used to be...

Me think's you missed my point, but I also see your point!:)

jwjax.. I wasn't responding to your post... maybe that is why i missed your point. I was responding to an early post that claimed people only went to the party to get plastered.... I supposed you could if you chugged each drink.. but if you drank at a normal pace I doubt you would get through your third drink.

I am in the minority I guess. I believe it is rude to think someone would be on vacation with another person and tell them "Oh I am attending a party and your not invited". I have been on many cruises with ex husband, family, friends and my current bf, but would never think to attend a function that my other vacation companion in my cabin is not invited. Just like a wedding invitation or any other event that would be similar, the invitations would read your name and guest. I do not personally think these parties are worth going to so people sit around and cheer for a ship you have been on. Cancel the parties all together if there is an issue with the cost being so much or make it just diamonds with a guest that can attend. This is just my opinion.