New P&D party rules

sailor_jimc

I am in the minority I guess. I believe it is rude to think someone would be on vacation with another person and tell them "Oh I am attending a party and your not invited". I have been on many cruises with ex husband, family, friends and my current bf, but would never think to attend a function that my other vacation companion in my cabin is not invited. Just like a wedding invitation or any other event that would be similar, the invitations would read your name and guest. I do not personally think these parties are worth going to so people sit around and cheer for a ship you have been on. Cancel the parties all together if there is an issue with the cost being so much or make it just diamonds with a guest that can attend. This is just my opinion.

the invitation does not say "and quest"!:)

jwjax.. I wasn't responding to your post... maybe that is why i missed your point. I was responding to an early post that claimed people only went to the party to get plastered.... I supposed you could if you chugged each drink.. but if you drank at a normal pace I doubt you would get through your third drink.

NP.... If you are going to the PG party to get Plastered??, Then you might want to do an about face and go to a Real Bar , with real drinks:D!!

A few years back, before the doubling of the Open Bar Party costs, every PG party had the same atmosphere....:D Real Drinks, easier to get than the apps, and they actually had booze in them!!:D

Not so much much anymore....:)

This is true, if all you're getting is ginger ale, coke , or club soda, some sort of artificial fruit mix!! It would take all night, but all you would get is a sugar buzz!

...Not really sure where all these "watered down drink" comments are coming from?? As said before, and recently experienced personally on the Glory, you can order whatever drinks you want from the servers.

...There is no need to take the Orange/Yellow/Blue/Green foofoo drinks in the tall glasses. You can request beer, wine or even "real" drinks from the servers. At the last P&D Party, I asked the server for 2 Bacardi and DC for myself and 2 White Russians for DW. Order two ONLY because it didn't make sense for her to make two trips.

...When the server arrived with our drinks, I place a $5 on her tray to thank her and off she went. Drinks were mixed perfect with the right amount of alcohol.

...The "watered down drink" comments are just silly.

Seriously?! I bet there aren't too many who a able to get "plastered" at this P&D party. I don't think you need to worry that children will be exposed to bad behavior. [emoji38]

They come in handy to help you find your way back to your cabin.:D

Bullied? So, if my wife and I roll through lines with our invites and child in tow who is 'only gold' and I don't ask, and they say nothing, it is bulling crew members?

If said crew members 'had a pair' and turned away my 6 year old, my wife and I would leave as well. I don't think that is the intention of the party. It is not like I'm bringing my entire extended family.

His laundry goes in my wash and fold bag too. I must be bullying the room steward into taking my bag of clothes that just aren't the card holders.

I also bully the pursers to allow him to skip the tender line rather than have him wait in line and meet us on shore.

Simply put, you knew prior that any non-Plat/Diamond members are not authorized. Whether you actively pressured someone who is not authorized to get in or you simply looked one way hoping not to be noticed and the crew member didn't do their job by verifying people coming in is immaterial. You broke the rules and the crew member was lax in his/her duties. Whether the crew member is lax or not is also immaterial, adults are expected to follow the rules, 5 year olds are the ones who try and get away with whatever they can.

Laundry I don't know the rules of as I have never partaken of that perk but Plats and Diamonds are allowed to take 5 guests with them in the priority tender line so no problem with that.

I'm not platinum, so I don't attend the parties, but I am glad to hear that common sense won out here. I mean really, what were parents supposed to do? So 2 platinum parents have kids who are not. They want to attend the party but their kids are not invited. Just seems so wrong that their children wouldn't be allowed in. Not all kids go to the kids club and depending on the age you can't always leave them alone in the cabin to go to the party. Common sense says allow the kids! I get non-platinum adults, but kids should be the exception to the rule and I am glad on your sailing that happened!

How about parents do what they are supposed to do and teach their kids proper values by not going themselves and explain to the kids why they aren't going?

Ok, what I am reading here and other threads about this; Carnival (who have a bad reputation already at enforcing their own rules) are not enforcing the new one about vifp party invitees. (maybe a ship here or there are) but sounds like they are just letting any platinum or diamond cruiser bring in whoever they want. It also appears that they have moved the vifp party to a smaller venue than the larger forward theater. So if this continues, these smaller clubs will be so crowded that Carnival will either start enforcing rules, or limit the vifp party to diamonds only. It might take a year, but let's see where this vifp party ends.

Edited by SMSACE6

I'm confused

if I am diamond but new wife and kid are with me, my kid can come in but not wife?

What killed the old party was someone bring their 6 other cabins of people traveling with them as guest. Not just their cabin mate.

Bullied? So, if my wife and I roll through lines with our invites and child in tow who is 'only gold' and I don't ask, and they say nothing, it is bulling crew members?

If said crew members 'had a pair' and turned away my 6 year old, my wife and I would leave as well. I don't think that is the intention of the party. It is not like I'm bringing my entire extended family.

His laundry goes in my wash and fold bag too. I must be bullying the room steward into taking my bag of clothes that just aren't the card holders.

I also bully the pursers to allow him to skip the tender line rather than have him wait in line and meet us on shore.

LMAO, just looking at your profile cruise there is no way you are platinum...Dennis

You are right on point !!:) After the Blue/Green/Purple drinks went by on a tray, we found a waitress with an empty tray.:confused:

We ordered a rum+ GA , a rum+CS, the waiters brought us 2 each, and then our original waitress did the same....:confused: So now we had 4 - rum and something drinks, and basically no alcohol in any of them, then before the end of the party, they brought 4 more, 2 of each!! .... Coke, Ginger Ale, Club soda, but RUM, non existent, maybe they whispered it, like they do with Vermouth over a Dry Martini........ Rum was only in the Blue/Green/Purple drinks.....RIGHT!!!:D

The P&D party is nice, but P&D cruisers are usually DONE with the Foo Foo drinks by the time they reach that status. Now, that is a generalization, but one I would say needs some attention at the Past Guest Party planning commission, if there is one!!:confused::D

I tip the waiter every time he brings me drinks and I get good drinks..Dennis

How about parents do what they are supposed to do and teach their kids proper values by not going themselves and explain to the kids why they aren't going?

Maybe I am missing your point, but are you trying to say that if you attend the P&D party you don't have proper values? I really hope I misread that..

Wonderful to know. What a treat to have little ones present while adults get plastered on their unlimited free drinks.

It's always wise to encourage the attendance of children at events where alcohol flows freely. I can see why Platinum and Diamonds endorse (and expect) this privilege.

Must be someone projecting onto others what they have done in the past. The new party is only 45 minutes long, and you would have to serve alcohol through a garden hose into a funnel in someone's mouth to reach the "plastered" state. AND, I did not see anything like that at the new P&D party on the Breeze the week of May 31st cruise. I also did not see 1000 people there with a third of them taking 3 and 4 drinks off of the tray at once. This was a classy party and hopefully will continue to be so in the future. Otherwise I will stop going again.

Must be someone projecting onto others what they have done in the past. The new party is only 45 minutes long, and you would have to serve alcohol through a garden hose into a funnel in someone's mouth to reach the "plastered" state. AND, I did not see anything like that at the new P&D party on the Breeze the week of May 31st cruise. I also did not see 1000 people there with a third of them taking 3 and 4 drinks off of the tray at once. This was a classy party and hopefully will continue to be so in the future. Otherwise I will stop going again.

Looking forward to going back after a few years of passing it up.

I'm confused

if I am diamond but new wife and kid are with me, my kid can come in but not wife?

What killed the old party was someone bring their 6 other cabins of people traveling with them as guest. Not just their cabin mate.

Cabins mates were never invited to the previous parties and are not invited to the new ones either. To go to the old Gold/Plat/Diamond party one was supposed to be Gold/Plat/Diamond and the same rule applies to the new Plat/Diamond party. The invitation is in the member's name only and anyone in a cabin who is authorized receives an invitation.

Maybe I am missing your point, but are you trying to say that if you attend the P&D party you don't have proper values? I really hope I misread that..

If you knowingly attend a party you are not authorized to attend that is considered theft. Now, to me, a thief does not have good values. Your opinion may differ.

Turned gold on our last cruise and went to the party. (Before the change) only reason to go is for a couple free drinks. Food was lousy. Other than that is was just a big old carnival commercial. I really can't understand why anyone cares.

Wonderful to know. What a treat to have little ones present while adults get plastered on their unlimited free drinks.

It's always wise to encourage the attendance of children at events where alcohol flows freely. I can see why Platinum and Diamonds endorse (and expect) this privilege.

Ever been to a wedding or a 50th wedding anniversary party? How about a birthday party for the whole family. Even a breakfast after a funeral. Enough said.

...Not really sure where all these "watered down drink" comments are coming from?? As said before, and recently experienced personally on the Glory, you can order whatever drinks you want from the servers.

"you can order whatever drinks you want" I think I stated this fact in my original post. But I also stated, that in the last couple of years, those drinks have become very watered down. Watch the bartenders at EVERY bar you go to for a drink....they will not over pour anymore, as they are watched and recorded constantly. :confused:

...There is no need to take the Orange/Yellow/Blue/Green foofoo drinks in the tall glasses. You can request beer, wine or even "real" drinks from the servers. At the last P&D Party, I asked the server for 2 Bacardi and DC for myself and 2 White Russians for DW. Order two ONLY because it didn't make sense for her to make two trips.

Again, a repeat of my original post, you can order what you want, even with the tips, you will still get what the bartender wants to serve, not what the waiter or waitress who got the tip asked for.....!! We had the same waitress that we had at dinner all week long, and she had already been tipped nicely, but still we got COKE and a SPLASH of RUM in each drink at the PGP:confused:

"...When the server arrived with our drinks, I place a $5 on her tray to thank her and off she went. Drinks were mixed perfect with the right amount of alcohol."

See above....:)

My original comment was.......wait for it... :) would you settle for a FAKE Appetizer...aka Spam/W old Spam sans Spam on spambread!! , or a REAL appetizer!! The same thing should apply to the cocktails!!!

Either serve a real cocktail, or not at all.:D:D

Edited by jwjax

LMAO, just looking at your profile cruise there is no way you are platinum...Dennis

so everyone on this site keeps that list current..? I listed those cruises once and have never been back to my profile since. The last one in that list was 2006, some time has passed since then...but you probably know better than I do about my status level...besides, I do get off on posting false information online to build up my own confidence level. Next week I'm going to pretend to be diamond to see how that feels. Maybe I'll try to hack my join date so it more than a decade before yours...

funny, I could really care less about the past guest party, I just find it funny that people say people are bullying or abusive to people when that is really not the case. there is a big difference between abusing a rule and abusing a person.

Edited by jiggs

she is saying that you have no values by taking your kids to a party they would not otherwise qualify to be at...it is becoming clearer and clearer to me why I spend less and less time on this site...I hope most people on this site have a better personality than their online persona

the invitation does not say "and quest"!:)

Right, just as it does not say "and children".

IDK, put children in Camp Carnival for an hour or two if your attending a special invite party.

...When the server arrived with our drinks, I place a $5 on her tray to thank her and off she went. Drinks were mixed perfect with the right amount of alcohol.

Well unfortunately it's confirmed by me. I've always known that you can order any drink which I always have. It has always been a half pour of rum watered down or a glass of beer that is served less than cold. On the Miracle in February I asked for a Sam Adams IPA and was told only Bud, Bud Light or Heineken. So I ordered a rum and coke and it wasn't what they pour at the bars. We had one drink and left. We had sworn off the parties years ago and not sure why we went back.

she is saying that you have no values by taking your kids to a party they would not otherwise qualify to be at...it is becoming clearer and clearer to me why I spend less and less time on this site...I hope most people on this site have a better personality than their online persona

They would have to or someone would have killed them and they wouldn't be posting here, right? :D

I enjoyed going to the free party and getting 2 or 3 free drinks. I think it is a ridiculous reason Carnival is giving for changing the way they do that. If it was truly because they were getting out of hand, they could have come up with a better solution like inviting certain decks at a time. It's not that big of a deal but I think it got to be too much money for them and they cut back on it. Just wish they'd be more honest about it.

I enjoyed going to the free party and getting 2 or 3 free drinks. I think it is a ridiculous reason Carnival is giving for changing the way they do that. If it was truly because they were getting out of hand, they could have come up with a better solution like inviting certain decks at a time. It's not that big of a deal but I think it got to be too much money for them and they cut back on it. Just wish they'd be more honest about it.

They were honest. "It's getting too big" is the politically correct way of saying "it costs too much". We all know a business is not going to tell a customer "you cost too much" and just find a nicer way of saying the same thing. If you have ever worked in a customer service position you know exactly what I am talking about.