Electric Kettles in Sapphire Princess cabins?

noddy54

Could anybody please tell me if the Sapphire Princess has electric kettles in the cabins?

We are sailing in December from Singapore for 10 days going to Vietnam, Bangkok etc then back into Singapore.

I read somewhere that for the Asian cruises there is a kettle in the cabins, could somebody please confirm this.

It would be great to make a cuppa anytime we wanted one.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Noddy

You are right! There was a posting from a Sapphire Asian cruise in March 15 that said "There is a hot water kettle in each room". Make nice change. We are booked on the Jan 8 16 sailing from Singapore, so would appreciate any feedback from your cruise.

• 3 months later...

Yes I was on Sapphire Princess Xmas New Year sailing 2014/15 and there was a kettle in my outside plaza stateroom and other passengers had them too and it was very nice surprise for all. On same cruise this year it was so good . Hope the kettles are still there.

I don't think Diamond has them certainly didn't when I sailed Christmas/New Year 2010/11.

• 2 years later...

Update from December 2017 trip:

they have removed the electric kettle from inner cabin.:eek:

There isn't any water cooler in the common areas except in the gym. Some guests use the ice bucket from the cabin's fridge to collect drinking water from the buffet station.;p

I brought my vacuum flask because my experience with Diamond Princess last year tells me it's more convenient than paging for the cabin attendant to deliver it twice a day.

I was on the Sapphire in December and there was a kettle in our inside cabin. However, it was the first trip after being sub let to the Chinese and things didn't go smoothly. Chaotic management, constant queues, mediocre food, unavailability of drinks at different bars, poor quality entertainment and more besides. The ship is looking tired and needs a refurb. Some of the ports of call were not worth the hassle of getting off the boat. We were actually relieved to get off the ship and it shouldn't feel that way. Hope things have improved by the time you get on board.