Splendor on the move again

riclop

I am on the west coast and I would hate to have Splendor back. We have sailed on her 3 times. The last was just this past March. The ship was run down. The outside of the ship had a lot of rust. Inside walking around we hit pockets of strong sewer smells. Our shower backed up every night when someone around us took a shower, it would flood the bathroom with stinky, slimy water and sludge. Despite maintenance being called out each night, including supervisors, it was never fixed.

Our luggage was sent to the wrong room. We had to get it ourselves and get it back to our room even though we are disabled. Our room wasn't ready on embarkation. We never got our drink coupons or our water until several trips to GS.

The bolster pillows on our couch were torn and tattered. The carpet was worn. The linens worn.

In the cigar bar there was a horrible stench that smelled like something rotting, but food is not served here. There were never ash trays even though this is the ONLY place to smoke indoors on the ship. (I don't smoke but my DH enjoys a good cigar while on vacation.)

Our first two trips on Splendor years ago were fine, but the ship now is not up to par.

Looking forward to the Sunshine in NY, but pretty hacked off Carnival got me all excited about a mid-October Canada/NE itinerary, and then yanked it. I'd like to go to Canada/NE again when its cold enough to make it worthwhile, and it isn't cold enough in September. Mid-to-late October is a perfect time.

I also feel for those that booked the Breeze and are getting the Splendor. I have not been on either, but I booked our current ship for the cove balcony and one of the ports. If my ship were changed for something other than another dream class, I would not be happy either.

Carnival does seem to have the most problems with this type of situation, and I'm not sure why this is. I can understand they may have to reschedule because of weather problems or mechanical problems, but other than that, I don't understand why they make the changes after so many people have booked already.:confused:

I had a Cove Balcony Room booked on my Breeze cruise for next year. I wonder what "comparable" room they will assign me on the Splendor. We booked this cruise for the ship, not the ports. If the Splendor gets some 2.0 upgrades then we will probably keep this booking, but if she doesn't I will likely re-book on a different ship. This is the 2nd cruise in a row this happened to me. I originally booked the Liberty out of PC in October but when the replaced her with the Valor I re-booked to the Glory. I just asked John Heald when they would have news on the dry dock for Splendor but he didn't answer.

We are/were booked on the Breeze for Oct 2016. We just got out reassignment for the Splendor. We had booked a Cove and were reassigned to a deck 6 balcony. Our price was also adjusted to $200 less. We will be canceling and booking on another cruise line after this whole fiasco.

No ropes course, single water slide, few food choices. Many booked the Breeze in the summer of 2016 with their kids because there is way more to do for kids on the Breeze than the Splendor.

Well, of course Breeze has more modern goodies.

Breeze is the newest one they got but Splendor is pretty nice and only 7 years old

Miami and those who were booked on Breeze were screwed over. I have nothing against the Splendor, I love that ship and she's beautiful but she doesn't have what the Breeze has such as All the cool 2.0 features she has and the awesome water park. People particularly booked the Breeze for its amenities and features, and people are furious to be switched to a ship they didn't plan to be on and if they did, they would've booked on Splendor and not Breeze. The good thing is after all this and losing the Breeze, Miami will get the newest ship in the fleet, the beautiful Carnival Vista. They just shouldn't have changed the schedule and should've kept things the way they already were. So many cruises cancelled after all this. The only good thing coming out of all this is that the Magic will be heading to PC ahead of schedule.

Carnival will go where the demand is the biggest . Easy to fill ships out of Texas at a higher rate per person.

not to argue with you but usually when I do a cruise search the Texas cruises seem to be some of the cheapest.

Maybe the Texans gamble more?

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

not to argue with you but usually when I do a cruise search the Texas cruises seem to be some of the cheapest.

Bill

Actually, I think it is correct. I beleive that Galveston has the highest price per cabin booking for Carnival, that of course does not mean there are times when others are cheaper. I have heard from on high, that it is their most profitable port (no idea on how they come up with that). That is why they put the Breeze there (and the first to put a new ship there when the Magic went there). There are limitations to where you can sail from there, however.

There are more options for cruisers from that area now (other cruise lines) but there are over 7 million poeople within a three hour drive.

Bill

Unrelated question and not to steal the thread, where do you stay in the Outer Banks? We are looking for a family vacation (extended family around 40 people) for next summer and that is one of the places we are looking.