cabin choice

naperleigh

Cabins on the 200 level have two porthole windows instead of the larger, rectangular windows on the decks above it. From my understanding, that is the ONLY difference. All cabins are exactly the same size, and offer the same ameneties.

Enjoy,

Bill (wulicny) is correct as usual:p

On our first SD cruise in December 2004 we were on Deck 3 ... in November of this year we will be on Deck 2. The only time I looked out the windows was in the morning to check the weather so I don't think the portholes versus the rectangular windows will be an issue.

You're welcome!

Before our first trip I fretted a bit about the lack of balcony and room size since we were somewhat spoiled on the mainstream lines.

I can tell you that the cabins are well organized and very nice. The only time we really spent in our cabin was sleeping and dressing for dinner. We have always had a little ritual of drinks and hors d'oeuvres before and after our showers and while changing for dinner.

DisneyJen,

When we were in a suite on the Celebrity Century, our butler brought hors d'oeuvres around 4 or 5 pm each day. On the SeaDream, I suspect that this needs to be ordered, but from whom? Do we ask the room steward, room service, or someone else? And with a late dinner, I suspect that we'll have our "getting dressed" canapes around 6 or 7 pm.

Bill

Bill:

There is always plenty of food around ... I just asked DH as he is in charge of cocktail/snack/dressing food and beverage! He said he called room service or would stop by the Top of the Yacht Bar as we were leaving that deck and arrange for a plate of either shrimp, canapes or cheese. All I know is that they magically appeared:)

Some nights we would attend the reception/cocktail hour that was either poolside or in the inside bar (the name escapes me) before dinner and hear what the cruise director had to say. It was a nice time to mingle before heading to dinner.

What was interesting to us is even though dinner is open seating most folks would head to dinner at 7:30 or so.

Bill & Disney Jen --

Your wonderful cabin attendant will also arrange a tray of incredible edibles at any time you wish -- we had a standing order for cheese & fruit every afternoon around 4 and it always promptly arrived.

We almost always make the caviar laden happy hour indoors before dinner and pair up with dinner companions for the night.

I just got the wonderful binder with travel documents for my cross-Atlantic trip in Oct. So excited!!!

FT

Thanks FT!!

How wonderful to get your documents on such a gray day! I can't wait to hear all about your crossing!! I am so excited for you:p

Thanks for the heads up on the standing order with the cabin attendant. Will be sure to do that this trip!

We too always enjoy that pre-dinner happy hour with caviar. As you said, it is a great way to meet up with dinner companions.

Have you started packing yet?

Disney Jen --

Haven't started packing yet, but have started thinking about it. The goal is to get everything I need in one roll-on suitcase that will fit in the overhead compartment of the plane plus my one personal item (backpack). Love those on-board limits now.

Since there are no island stops, no snorkeling or other off ship activities, I want to see if I can get by with with baggage that I can handle by myself without breaking my back looking like a beast of burden. Figure it won't matter if my dining companions see me in the same outfit several times. If the weather is good I'm living by the pool during the day.

Oh well, back to work. only 31 more days to departure . . . .!

FT

FT:

I took some of my Chico's traveler items (pants, skirts, dresses, jackets and tops) with me last year and plan to do the same this year. It's amazing how many different outfits you can get out of some of those combos:)

Guess you will be using the ship's library:p

Jen

• 4 weeks later...
I took some of my Chico's traveler items (pants, skirts, dresses, jackets and tops) with me last year and plan to do the same this year. It's amazing how many different outfits you can get out of some of those combos

I stopped into Chico's last week, and was amazed at how many women were in the store over lunch hour!!

Is this an emormously popular store or is everyone buying cruise wear for the Fall season?! The black knit separates were so versatile, the jackets beautiful.... I fell in love with the collection... but there were so many women shopping I could not stand in line to try anything on!!! There was a line 10 deep for each dressing room... I'm thinking this was a sale day altho I did not see any signs posted...

Do many other pax end up at dinner wearing the same clothes because everyone is shopping at Chico's? I am planning another go at Chico's in the next few weeks... Wish me luck!

Ingrid.

I am considering booking with SeaDream I ( this will be our 10th cruise) and was wondering if there is any difference between the cabins on the 200 level and the 400 level except the $840/pp price difference?

Our first SD cruise to the Med. we requested stateroom 404 and I think we ended up in 406. As we plan our 2006 SD cruise, we are thinking of trying the GTY because all the staterooms are essentially the same.

Anyone have experience with GTY?

Ingrid

Our first SD cruise to the Med. we requested stateroom 404 and I think we ended up in 406. As we plan our 2006 SD cruise, we are thinking of trying the GTY because all the staterooms are essentially the same.

Anyone have experience with GTY?

Ingrid

Hi Ingrid:

In March we booked a 2 GTY and were placed on 3 deck. Other than the different windows/ports, all cabins we saw were equally nice.

Jim.

We booked a specified cabin on deck 2 nine months before the cruise but when we boarded, we were upgraded to a cabin on deck 3. I know it had bigger windows than 2, but really we didn't even notice the difference. Same great service, amenities, and furniture and we were only in the cabin during the day to change clothes. If you are a repeat traveler and Deck 2 fills up, I believe you are automatically upgradeded. Several people we know have had that experience.

My husband gets sea sick very easily (but the patch cures) so we always ask for a cabin in the center of the ship. Even moving up a deck we were granted that request.

Best regards,

FT

Archived