Valor to Magic -June 2016

july2012

Spoke briefly to a Carnival rep, who did not have many details?

But said that the Valor would switch with Magic out of Orlando?

Anyone booked on Valor who have recieved an email about this switch?

It seems like the Magic would be comparable to Breeze. I'm looking to find another cruise since my Breeze June 2016 was switched to Splendor (and the rep said it would be the same price NOT lower)

I'm waiting for the same information. No way am I switching from Breeze to Splendor for the same price. I want to go on the Magic. I have seen some other threads about this on here. Some people have said that their reps have told them that Magic will be in Port Canaveral next summer and the itineraries will hopefully be out this week or next.

Here't to hoping we can change from Breeze to Magic and still take the $50 per person on board credit they are offering.

We were booked on the Valor for July 2016, but got an email saying the Magic was going to be taking over that itinerary, which is Belize, Roatan, Cozumel and Costa Maya. The Valor is now doing an eastern Caribbean route from Port Canaveral, which is what we switched to.

We were booked on the 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on Valor for June 11th out of Port Canaveral, got the email yesterday showing the ship change to Magic and my new cabin number. Seems like a better ship, so it worked out well for us! Super Excited!

We were also booked on the Breeze for May 1st 2016 and with the switcheroo of ships to the Splendor for that sailing, we decided to jump ship (literally) and moved to the Magic! We originally booked the Breeze to sail on her before she left FL (she is our favorite ship), but since it's not on that ship, we decided we liked the itinerary and proximity of the Magic better. Looking forward to a great trip!

I wonder if this Dance is the reason for the twin itineraries on Victory and Valor, for two sailings in May 2016?

Looking at May 2016 short cruises, and noticed that the Valor and Victory are doing the same exact 4-day itinerary on May 8, and paired up again for a 3-day on May 12. For example - both are scheduled to depart Port Canaveral at 4pm May 12, dock in Nassau from noon to 8pm May 13, and return to Port Canaveral at 8am on May 16.

Same fares for cabin classes, at the entry level. Aft wraps, premium balconies and aft extended balconies are slightly pricier on Victory (based on the May 12 sailings).

The May 8 duplication was surprising to this cruise newbie, because I'd figured they'd switch up Freeport and Nassau so that one ship was in Freeport and the other in Nassau on Day 2, and vice versa for Day 3. But that's now how the itineraries stand today.

The links:

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/fromportcanaveralflorida-08may2016.html

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/fromportcanaveralflorida-12may2016.html

I thought it was interesting, possibly a glitch....or there are a TON of people looking to sail from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas in early to mid May, necessitating two Carnival ships to carry them all! :D

Edited by undercat

Spoke briefly to a Carnival rep, who did not have many details?

But said that the Valor would switch with Magic out of Orlando?

Anyone booked on Valor who have recieved an email about this switch?

It seems like the Magic would be comparable to Breeze. I'm looking to find another cruise since my Breeze June 2016 was switched to Splendor (and the rep said it would be the same price NOT lower)

We are booked on the Magic from Galveston for 6-12-16 and were just told its swapping with the Breeze in Port Canavaral. So now we're on the Breeze out of Galveston and yes our 50.00 OBC PER ROOM came with us! We did the magic in2013 so now we're excited to try the Breeze, & because it's in the same dream class we have our exact same 4 rooms on the Verandah deck!

Tim

We are booked on the Magic from Galveston for 6-12-16 and were just told its swapping with the Breeze in Port Canavaral. So now we're on the Breeze out of Galveston and yes our 50.00 OBC PER ROOM came with us! We did the magic in2013 so now we're excited to try the Breeze, & because it's in the same dream class we have our exact same 4 rooms on the Verandah deck!

Tim

We were booked on the Magic for the June 5 sailing, and received the email that we were being switched to the Breeze. We also had the same rooms assigned to us on the Breeze that we had on the Magic. However, my email didn't say anything about being eligible for the $50pp OBC for changing ships. Did you have to call and request this?

We were booked on the Magic for the June 5 sailing, and received the email that we were being switched to the Breeze. We also had the same rooms assigned to us on the Breeze that we had on the Magic. However, my email didn't say anything about being eligible for the $50pp OBC for changing ships. Did you have to call and request this?

When I looked on my new e mail mine wasn't there either so yes I did call and she saw it it right away! Then I checked under "' manage my cruise" and it was there right undee our prepaid gratuties. Good Luck!

We too were booked on Valor for 6/5/16 out of Miami. Now moving booking to Magic out of Port Canaveral for the 6/11/16 sailing with luckily the same itinerary. Less of a drive and newer/better ship. Totally happy with the change. And the $50 OBC for our troubles is nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at booking a cruise for June 2016 but the website still says it's the valor out of port canaveral for the 5 day cruise, is this correct? I'd rather sail on the magic it looks better to me but I'm just wondering why the website hasn't been updated with current info.

I'm looking at booking a cruise for June 2016 but the website still says it's the valor out of port canaveral for the 5 day cruise, is this correct? I'd rather sail on the magic it looks better to me but I'm just wondering why the website hasn't been updated with current info.

I see Magic cruises out of Port Canaveral on June 4, 2016. You need to scroll down really far or just search for cruises on the Magic. Magic only does mostly 7 day cruises or longer.

Edited by isaiahsnana

I see Magic cruises out of Port Canaveral on June 4, 2016. You need to scroll down really far or just search for cruises on the Magic. Magic only does mostly 7 day cruises or longer.

I did see that the magic is for the 7 day cruises but this one is a 5 day on June 12, 2016 to the Bahamas listed as Valor. I don't know much or anything about cruising but would Carnival keep a ship there just for a few 5 day cruises? And do they have more then one ship at a time at the different ports?

We are booked on Valor in May, a 5-day out of Port Canaveral, going to Dominican Republic and Grand Turk.

And you haven't been contacted that there's been any change I assume? Like I said I haven't booked anything yet and I'm not even sure if the June 12th sailing from PC will be the winner but I just like to have all the facts first before I give them my money;)