Making specialty dining reservations... on boarding day

We are going to have OBC that I want to use for specialty dining for a couple nights (the rest will go toward tips). Anyway, since I want to use the OBC, I will have to wait to reserve until I'm on board. Do you just wander around and make the reservations in person (are they open to do so early in the day) or do you just call from your cabin (again, are they open to do so early in the day)? And, we are flexible (just two of us sailing), so hoping it's not too late to do so when boarding. Thoughts?

We are going to have OBC that I want to use for specialty dining for a couple nights (the rest will go toward tips). Anyway, since I want to use the OBC, I will have to wait to reserve until I'm on board. Do you just wander around and make the reservations in person (are they open to do so early in the day) or do you just call from your cabin (again, are they open to do so early in the day)? And, we are flexible (just two of us sailing), so hoping it's not too late to do so when boarding. Thoughts?

Can can do either, call or visit each restaurant. We usually visit the restaurants while we are waiting for our staterooms to open.

Can can do either, call or visit each restaurant. We usually visit the restaurants while we are waiting for our staterooms to open.

... and that's a great time to go find your table in the MDR as well.

you can go directly to each restaurant. or, you could end up being approached while you are sitting in Promenade enjoying your lunch unfortunately it was for Sabor, and I loathe Mexican food. be sure and ask about any specials( a percentage off, a deal for booking more than one night or restaurant, etc).

when we took the sushi making class at izumi, we also got a coupon good for either $25 or 25% off.( I forger the exact configuration)

since the cabins are not available until 1 pm or later, I'd probably forget about calling on in, since all I want to do is unpack and check all the drawers.

Ok so this one was interesting....just got off the Allure and the first day they were throwing discounts around like nothing. Every specialty dining venue was discounted. Chops-20% off. The Spanish restaurant was 50% off (a la carte pricing). They had reps from every place on the promenade offering a sample/demonstrating the menu and giving discounts. NEGOTIATE WITH ALL OF THEM. The brazilian steak house was offering 30% off later in the cruise too. You can talk them into a host of discounts especially if you have a decent sized group (8-10). Anyway, had been on cruises with rccl before and never experienced this. Very much enjoyed that

07/09 Mariner of the Seas 6 nte Eastern Caribbean

03/15 Libery of the Seas 4 nte Western Caribbean

05/15 Allure of the Seas 7 nte Mediterranean

03/16 Adenture of the Seas 7 nte Southern Caribbean

06/16 Ovation of the Seas 12 nte Exotic Asia

02/17 Harmony of the Seas 7 nte Eastern Caribbean

The specialty dining systems should be connected and the venues normally have someone there from 11:30. You should be able to make all dining reservations with one stop at any of the specialty venues.

As a 20% discount kicks in with three venues and you are already planning on doing 2, you could add Izumi as your third option. I have had them allow me to do this for lunch on some ships. As Izumi is a la carte and has no cover charge now, you can even just select something light. Your check at Izumi will be reduced by 20% and you will also have the fees for the other venues reduced by the same 20% in that case.

Added due to other posts.... I also found that if they are offering better offers, like the 50% first night and formal night offers, that the standard discount, of course, is no longer relevant as the 50% discount is superior.

Edited by MADflyer