CCL needs to step up to the plate....

Well I do agree with the Breeze being wasted in western cruises.

and you own what cruiseline?

stuff happens

carry on, carnival, do what you need to do...I will still cruise with you

and you own what cruiseline?

stuff happens

carry on, carnival, do what you need to do...I will still cruise with you

You should see my bathtub and pool fleet!

I will continue to sail Carnival too but the Breeze is wasted on the Western Caribbean, frankly so is the Magic and Dream. But at least the Magic escapes! ;)

There is thread here about it. The cost is 1 to 1.5 million per ship. New emission guidelines coming down the pike soon. I can't ever get over RCCL prices. They are pretty much the same here in Texas but we tried of the ports out of here.

There are deals to be had on RCI but you must be vigilant.

I am booked on the Harmony of the Seas for December 3 2016 in a boardwalk balcony for $663 before taxes and a $100 OBC. :)

Bill

Well, the one thing I gleaned from this thread is that the NCL website is just as bad as the CCL site! Tried to do a little comparison between the two and gave up. I'm not actively booking, just shopping. What I could come across though was that rates were about $450 more for us on NCL which is roughly 20% more. That's a pretty big difference to us.

It was interesting that the "free" packages had a service charge on them when you include them with the fare. The drinks package tagged a service charge of $136 on the fare. Yes, I know, drinks on CCL also have gratuity added on. Just seemed odd that a free drinks package promo was still $136. We don't drink that much just paying for it!

I am booked on the Harmony of the Seas for December 3 2016 in a boardwalk balcony for $663 before taxes and a $100 OBC. :)

Bill

Wow! Great price! That's the same day I'm set to sail on the NCL Escape next year. Where is Harmony sailing from?

It was interesting that the "free" packages had a service charge on them when you include them with the fare. The drinks package tagged a service charge of $136

Yes, that's new. Fortunately (for me) that wasn't the case when I booked the Escape for next year.

Bill

Maybe when we retire in 4 years, but my wife is a teacher. Our cruise window is usually last of July and first week of August.

There needs to be a US Embassy first, once that is done, then possibly. My guess would be 2017, and very VERY dependent on who wins the election next year. That's my guess. I actually received an email the other day from an agency we've used in the past, it had an 8-day cruise to Cuba, for reasonable money, but on some foreign/Greek cruise line. It was a Cuba-only itinerary, stopping at several different ports, with a 2-day stay in Havana. It was very interesting how it was worded to make it legal, all tours that were included were "cultural" "learning" and several of all the "legal" terms wherein Americans can now travel.

It'll happen though, sooner rather than later.

It's Celestyal Crystal cruising from Montego Bay starting December 18 and 25. Starting price is $999 before add ons.

The first two weeks of December are always a great time to cruise for prices. so that does not surprise me, unfortunately my new job restricts when we can cruise. :( One of the only things I dislike about my job. :cool:

Hmmm, our Breeze visit arrived at 8AM... we left at 4pm...to early if you ask me.

Still was a historically interesting port and would certainly like to go again.

Actually if they want to add Havana ;) and remove Nassau...feel free. NCL CCL are you listening :D

Actually, that's what they are doing with Amber Cove.

Wow! Great price! That's the same day I'm set to sail on the NCL Escape next year. Where is Harmony sailing from?

I'd have to check. I know its Western but not sure of the ports.

We are going more for the ship than the ports.

Loved the Oasis and Harmony is her sister but with water slides.

When I saw the price I just had to book it, especially since I got the last boardwalk balcony on deck 11 overlooking the Aquatheater.

Bill

I was going to say that Carnival still offers the lowest price. Maybe technically they do, but when shopping around for a fall 2016 cruise, I found NCL Getaway for 699.00. and was offered 100 free internet mins, 50.00 towards dinner in the for fee restaurants (that would probably be two dinners), or 50.00 towards one of their ship's excursions, plus it looks like a really great ship, with numerous types of entertainment. I know you have to pay for some, but not all of them.

There are lots of choices on that ship. You dont have to pay extra for food, but you can if you want to.

I have been wanting to broaden my cruiseline experience anyway, so again for me; a no brainer. Also I did not have to put 500.00 deposit down, which Carnival makes me do as a solo. I will cruise Carnival again most likely, but first I have to try something new.

Curious if you are sailing in a studio on Getaway? I saw those and thought they were pretty cool. I had seen the promotion you are talking about so I looked into it. Unfortunately, I am really restricted for this next trip s to time frame and for when we need to go, just booking my kid's cabin was more expensive than the cruise including the cabin for my husband and I on the Breeze. And Getaway has one less day. I want to go on the Breeze. Looks like an awesome ship. Glad Getaway is working out for you. Someday when I have more flexible dates I might try it.

Curious if you are sailing in a studio on Getaway? I saw those and thought they were pretty cool. I had seen the promotion you are talking about so I looked into it. Unfortunately, I am really restricted for this next trip s to time frame and for when we need to go, just booking my kid's cabin was more expensive than the cruise including the cabin for my husband and I on the Breeze. And Getaway has one less day. I want to go on the Breeze. Looks like an awesome ship. Glad Getaway is working out for you. Someday when I have more flexible dates I might try it.

Studios are BRILLIANT

So far I have only cruised on Carnival, not because I'm loyal or I have anything against another line, but because Carnival always has the cheapest rates for the dates I need. I don't find the others to be comparable in price at least for the dates I look at. I love Carnival and don't feel shorted out of anything and I'm sure I would love other lines as well if the price was right. Some of the perks the others has wouldn't be a draw for me because I don't spend money on food that isn't included anyway, and rarely drink so it's not cost effective.

Yes it is a studio. They are small, and I will probably miss the large porthole room I usually get on Carnival, but I have done interior rooms before, some smaller than others. I have no doubt that I will be fine with it. I did price the same for this Sept, October, Nov, and it is much more expensive. I think it is only this great price because it is so far out. Getaway looks like an an awesome ship to me. I still like Carnival, and find some comfort in the familiar, but I have come to a point where I feel I need to try something different. Actually almost went on the Epic two years ago, but had to cancel due to some problems at home. I am still looking forward to my Victory cruise in October though, and then will at least already have something planned for next year, and that should help enormously with the post cruise blues:)

Edited by SMSACE6

This is my point exactly. If you paid for the extra dining and drinks on CCL....it would come to the same price as NCL. People aren't getting anything for free....just think they are, thanks to marketing.

Except...my kids don't want to go to a dining room every night for a whole week. They want to hang out with friends at the buffet or hang out in their cabin together and get room service..which is no longer free on NCL, let's not forget. My husband drinks maybe two drinks a day on a cruise, so the drink package is wasted on him. So far, not going to even approach the same price this time around.

I'm not sure why the OP and a few others think they are the only ones who comparison shop. I actually had a RCL cruise booked for next Jan. Five days to ports I didn't really want to go to but it fit the schedule and we had a $700 total credit for not "Wowing" us on our last trip with them. (Truly, there were some appalling things that happened.) And then I came across the Breeze sailing for around the same date and two cove balconies (instead of promenade view) for 8 dys to places we really love was hardly any more than the one on RCL. So, we switched. And that small price difference was after I took off the $700 credit.

A lot depends on when you sail and where you want to go. Of course other lines are cheaper sometimes and I will jump at the chance of a good price, but often it doesn't come out in favor of other lines.

Yes it is a studio. They are small, and I will probably miss the large porthole room I usually get on Carnival, but I have done interior rooms before, some smaller than others. I have no doubt that I will be fine with it. I did price the same for this Sept, October, Nov, and it is much more expensive. I think it is only this great price because it is so far out. Getaway looks like an an awesome ship to me. I still like Carnival, and find some comfort in the familiar, but I have come to a point where I feel I need to try something different. Actually almost went on the Epic two years ago, but had to cancel due to some problems at home. I am still looking forward to my Victory cruise in October though, and then will at least already have something planned for next year, and that should help enormously with the post cruise blues:)

Very fun. If I could just have one cabin to worry about, some of the sales would work out better for us, but cabins for 5 are hard to come by unless you get into the really upper level cabins. I hesitate about some of the changes NCL is making with their DSC and the fee for room service, but I would like to try them again some day. I have been on two NCL in the past but it's been awhile.

Very fun. If I could just have one cabin to worry about, some of the sales would work out better for us, but cabins for 5 are hard to come by unless you get into the really upper level cabins. I hesitate about some of the changes NCL is making with their DSC and the fee for room service, but I would like to try them again some day. I have been on two NCL in the past but it's been awhile.

Same here. My one NCL cruise was pre freestyle...so "way back":D

I usually only order room service continental breakfast, and that is still without charge I believe, but still not a big deal to me. I think what line we choose to cruise on has to do with lots of variables, ie; just one?/solo, one interior cabin, or balconies, and family connecting rooms etc. I still find nothing wrong with Carnival, have only had very good cruises on them. I just no longer feel the need to stay with the same cruise line time after time, (unless one wants to, then it is fine too for them):)

OP, you complain about others responding to your post in ways that you don't like yet you came off VERY snippy (at least to me) when you corrected someone on "nonetheless". I am big on proper grammar but was more than willing to let that slide. We all know what they meant and sometimes fingers move independently of the brain. You don't like the Splendor and found her "odd". I just got off the Splendor and loved her!!! I went with my husband and 24-year-old daughter and even with a substantial increase in our normal drinking level we only spent about $300 on alcohol. We do independent tours unless we REALLY want to go to a place that is far from the port. We did the Chef's table his time but the OBC we got for the price drop covered that. For all our vacations we plan what we want to do first and then find the best price for the level of vacation that we want. I work at a school so my cruising time frame is limited. I have searched diligently on all cruise lines for an itinerary that we want to do, at a time that we can go and at a price that we are willing to pay. Freebies don't usually do it for me as we wouldn't get much of a benefit from them. I have worked in retail previously and my husband still does. There are some things that he will do for his customers and other things that he won't do. He has even told customers to go elsewhere if they don't like his policies and yes, his store is very successful-especially since he took over from the owner. Businesses do what they need to do and we all must do what is best for us. I have only sailed Carnival but I'm not a cheerleader. I just have problems when people make posts acknowledging the differences in opinions and then gets upset when the replies DIFFER from their thoughts. What else did you expect?