Nieuw Amsterdam verandas

When we sailed on the Eurodam our verandah on deck 8 was as at least as deep as the verandas on deck 4. Does anyone know if the same holds true for the Nieuw Amsterdam? For clarification..I am talking about the side verandahs, not aft.

Thanks

Marcia

Yes, the verandahs in the center section (8027 to 8117) are 7 ft deep. Those in the forward and aft sections (<8025 or >8118) are 6 ft deep. We loved 8057!

Edited by catl331

• 6 months later...

Should we consider a Forward Cabin on the Navigation deck. Trying to look for a lessor priced verandah that is not 'bad'. I do understand that you can feel a lot more motion at this location. What about the NA's noted vibration?

This would not be directly underneath the fitness center, but just behind the main gym.

I see that these verandahs are not quite as deep as some. Assuming they are 6 feet? And, I am also assuming that they are covered?

Thank you experts for any insight.

Edited by Wishing on a star

8001 to 8024 are 6 ft deep and covered.

The only place we've experienced vibrations during two NA cruises was in the Tamarind. (Our cabins were 8057 and 5186)

Personally I would choose a VE in the range of 8118 to about 8127, or 7102 to 7135 because we like to be near the MDR end of the ship but not under the Sea View pool deck area. These are also 6 ft deep and covered.

Edited by jtl513

We were in 8126 on NA this fall and felt that we had a very good cabin, nice balcony and excellent location. I believe it was a 6 foot deep balcony, covered; the furniture was a large chair with ottoman, a smaller chair without ottoman (but both had seat cushions) and a tiny drink table. We didn't feel any vibrations nor were we bothered by noise. m--

When we sailed on the Eurodam our verandah on deck 8 was as at least as deep as the verandas on deck 4. Does anyone know if the same holds true for the Nieuw Amsterdam? For clarification..I am talking about the side verandahs, not aft.

Thanks

Marcia

Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are almost identical; just very minor differences.

We were in 8126 on NA this fall and felt that we had a very good cabin, nice balcony and excellent location. I believe it was a 6 foot deep balcony, covered;
Center section deck 8 verandas on the Signature ships are 7 ft deep. (On the Vista ships these are Signature suites)

We were in 8126 on NA this fall and felt that we had a very good cabin, nice balcony and excellent location. I believe it was a 6 foot deep balcony, covered; the furniture was a large chair with ottoman, a smaller chair without ottoman (but both had seat cushions) and a tiny drink table. We didn't feel any vibrations nor were we bothered by noise. m--

Center section deck 8 verandas on the Signature ships are 7 ft deep. (On the Vista ships these are Signature suites)

We were not in the center section. We were towards the aft. I did not measure the balcony but felt it was comfortable enough to stretch out.