Looking for tour including Yakutania Point in Skagway

midwestsolo

I am concerned about hiking to Yakutania Point as I am cruising single. Trying to find a tour company that will include this location. As a senior citizen, I am reluctant to hike by myself. Couldn't find anything on Dyea Dave or Chilkoot's websites. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I doubt that you will find this as part of a tour. It isn't far or difficult, and it is very safe. You will see other people along the way and out at the point. I wouldn't be concerned about doing it solo.

Hi, Midwestsolo:

Some thoughts --

Maybe you could ask others on your Ruby Princess roll call if they would be interested in joining you? As Sherryf noted, it is a public trail and you will see others hiking or jogging there. As I recall, after about 3/4 of a mile the trail becomes uneven terrain, so make sure you can maneuver that.

Beyond Skagway Tours offer a number of options, including a 3 hour custom tour, tailored to your interests and abilities. They are an excellent local tour company, but they are not cheap.

You can "see" this trail from the cruise ships. :) It's a very well traveled, easy short walking path. No way to get lost. And, no "tours" needed, or would include it, likely. Nice days- will have this trail well used, loaded with people.

Great idea to ask around the ship for others who would be interested in joining you.