Carnival 4K Stateroom

N2Mischief

Anyone stay in one of these? My husband just booked b2b on the Miracle for Nov 2016. We are taking my 2 daughters and my grand daughter so to save money, he wanted interior. I have problems with small places but as long as I can open a window I'm fine. So we booked a stateroom with french doors. I understand the view is blocked. What do you all think of the rooms?

We had a 4K on the Pride last month and absolutely loved it. There was plenty of room for my mom and I (both self admitted over packers). Being able to prop the door open was heavenly. A great value for the price. We will book 4K's whenever we sail a ship that offers them.

We adore 4ks! Only ever stayed in them.They are the same set up as a balcony room space wise which is great and are a short walk down to deck 3 dining and whatnot. There are two different types which I will mention below but generally speaking they are the best bargains on Spirit class ships. Do not forgot to prop open the French door with your bed for the sounds of the sea!

All 4ks have french doors that open inwards so you can get fresh air but you are not able to step out as there are bars in the way. Every 4k also has some natural light and a tiny view of the ocean if you look down. Like this pic and video:

4K+Interior+with+Obstructed+View.JPG

However you can strike a bargain and get one between lifeboats (these are usually only 2 person cabins though) and the way you can find these is by looking at the deck plan . If there is a oval shape next to your cabin a lifeboat will be next to it (4147 for example). If your cabin has a oblong shape next to it (4149 for example) you will have a view between that will look like this instead:

imv4hf.jpg

Edited by Velvetwater

Thanks for the replies! Puts my mind at ease. We do have a blocked view, but that is fine because we wanted a room next to my daughters and grand daughter. Grand daughter is autistic and I will be watching her a lot so they can go on excursions that she couldn't handle. They will have 3 in their room. Don't mind the view blocked, just want the fresh air! Its on the Miracle and we have 4152 and 4154.

You have a smart husband. Since we returned to Carnival (after only having experienced the Splendor), all our five cruises have been in 4Ks. Once I even downgraded from a balcony.

The 4K is a wonderful cabin. It's an OV that in most cases is fully obstructed by life boats but it does have openable french doors. We only had a debatable sea view once;makes no difference.

We prefer cabins in the front, close to the theater and staircase that takes us to many places. The best deals ever.

I had one of these cabins on the Miracle to Alaska. It was one with a view between the life boats, and I loved it. One thing to be aware of though, is that there are workers on the catwalk outside the door fairly frequently. That means you don't have as much privacy as you would with a balcony. Be sure to keep your drapes closed when you're dressing, etc.

We know we don't have a view, so we keep the drapes on most of the time. Doesn't make any difference. The room is large, functional (with a full length couch) and excellent lighting for reading. Give me a 4K any time.

As to privacy, since our curtains are closed most of the time, how would we know? Our impression is that work is done on the lifeboats and the winches quite rarely, unless tendering is involved. So keep your attire smart sexual.

In my opinion, 4K is the best bargain on the whole ship. Fresh air, natural sunlight, and the sound of the sea, and all for just slightly more than an inside. Wish there were 4K's on all the ships, and not just aboard the "Spirit Class" vessels. ;)

"SKY"

Again thanks everyone! The pictures and videos are wonderful, especially the second video. You really can see more sea than I thought! Now I am getting more excited and I still have over 500 days to wait! lol