Marina cabins 8000/8001 -- what's your experience?

phillygirl63

Anyone stayed in cabins 8000/8001 on Marina recently? We are booked in cabin 8000 for 8/21/15 sailing -- Wonders & Windmills (Stockholm to Amsterdam) and would love to get hear your experiences. I have done a search on CC and there does not seem to be any recent discussions.

Anyone stayed in cabins 8000/8001 on Marina recently? We are booked in cabin 8000 for 8/21/15 sailing -- Wonders & Windmills (Stockholm to Amsterdam) and would love to get hear your experiences. I have done a search on CC and there does not seem to be any recent discussions.

It is probably to late to make changes to your booking and as long as neither of you is prone to seasickness that cabin is OK. The front of the ship is always most effected by rough weather. Hope it stays calm for you.

Thanks, Orchestrapal. It is, in fact, too late to change our cabin unless we get an unlikely upgrade offer. I was not really looking to change our cabin -- just hoping to hear of others' experiences with these cabins.

We had 8001 on our 2012 Baltic cruise. We had a great view of the islands when going into Stockholm. We felt like we were in a giant canoe! You do get wide vistas. On the Baltic we were able to get great views of the busy shipping channel.

Downside to this cabin is that you can't see through the solid metal front wall of the balcony. You must stand for a complete view. http://media11.dropshots.com/photos/703158/20111012/104702.jpg

8001 is one of the two bottom centre balconies.

Edited by Tansy Mews
added link to photo

Downside to this cabin is that you can't see through the solid metal front wall of the balcony. You must stand for a complete view.

That has never been true for me, but I'm aware that I am taller than is average, so I decided to do some research.

Firstly, I believe that those veranda railings are 42 inches in height (this next photo is of a Vista Suite, but the railings are the same).

8848384034_cc13345bd2_b.jpg

According to Neuferts Architects Data, the standard upright chair has a seating height of 16–18", and the average Eye Level of a man seated in such a chair would be 47 to 49" ( 45 to 47" for a woman). The women must have better posture, though, because their average height is 5'4", while men measure in at 5'9" (perhaps our legs are longer?).

Anyway, unless you're shorter than average, chances are that you'll be able to see over those railings while seated.

6a0120a92e343a970b0168eb13bef2970c-800wi

Thanks, Frances and Stan & Jim for the pictures. I think we are going to enjoy those views and the oversized deck for sure!

The photo of the veranda with hot tub is not the one you'll be getting, unfortunately. It is a vista suite.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/deck-plans/

I am sure you will have an amazing time!

Would you kindly report back on this thread after your journey? Thanks!

Edited by Tansy Mews