I can't seem to find info on Platinum/Diamond and FTTF waiting areas.

stargate fan

There is no VIP lounge in Seattle. The check-in process is handled in a very orderly fashion with representatives directing people to the proper line for Platinum/Diamond/FTTF check-in. Then the representatives tell you where to sit and when to board. It works very smoothly.

Edited by nwcruiselover

There is no VIP lounge in Seattle. The check-in process is handled in a very orderly fashion with representatives directing people to the proper line for Platinum/Diamond/FTTF check-in. Then the representatives tell you where to sit and when to board. It works very smoothly.

Great, thanks.

We sailed Pride out of Baltimore in October 2012. It was our last cruise before becoming Platinum. I remember our seats faced the VIP "area", which was just rows of seats that faced us and were separated by bank ropes. Same in Boston when we sailed Glory to St. John, NB in June 2012.

Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, and Galveston have nice VIP lounges.

We booked a suite for our Valor trip out of Puerto Rico, so we got to rub elbows with IMPORTANT people while we waited. They had a designated area for VIPS, with cookies, lemonade, ice water, finger sandwiches, etc. But it was so crowded, most people went out to the general area.

• 1 month later...

Seattle is the worst for boarding. Diamond, Platinum and faster to the fun are all on the same section. They make a announcement to start boarding and its a mad dash. I was traveling with a person who had a ankle injury and he was run over by a very rude woman who had to be the first one in line. Her plan worked out good till the nice older people behind us would not let the rest of her group pass them in line.

Talk to the people in the terminal see if they are helpful. We did not find them to be .

Hi,

My husband is surprising his friend in FLL. Does diamond and Platinum have seperate VIP lounges or is it all one. We do not want him to see us when we board.

TY

ML

Do you know when your husband's friend plans to be checking in? Perhaps you can check in later.

When our friends surprised my husband on his birthday cruise, they boarded early and I purposely delayed our arrival at the port until 1:00pm so we would not be checking in at the same time. They surprised him on the ship after we boarded.

I'm not sure who is the Platinum/Diamond in your case. It sounds like you are? Even if you are in a private lounge, when you board, you usually pass the general boarding area so his friend might see him passing by to board if you are all in the terminal at the same time.

The timing of when each party is in the waiting areas may be the key factor.

Seattle is the worst for boarding. Diamond, Platinum and faster to the fun are all on the same section. They make a announcement to start boarding and its a mad dash. I was traveling with a person who had a ankle injury and he was run over by a very rude woman who had to be the first one in line. Her plan worked out good till the nice older people behind us would not let the rest of her group pass them in line.

Talk to the people in the terminal see if they are helpful. We did not find them to be .

We had the opposite experience.

We checked in at the VIP desk and were shown to the area where Platinums and Diamonds waited. One port employee came over to chat with us many times. She was very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We traveled with two other couples who each purchased FTTF. Rina showed them where to sit so that we could talk with them while waiting. When it was time to embark, Rina came to us and told us it was time to line up.

We found Boston to be the worst. The port employees sat anyone anywhere. The small VIP area, that was roped off, was filled as people came in. Those port employees had no idea what Diamond and Platinum were.

Hi,

My husband is surprising his friend in FLL. Does diamond and Platinum have seperate VIP lounges or is it all one. We do not want him to see us when we board.

TY

ML

As others mentioned, there is a separate VIP lounge for Diamond and Platinum. We had chocolate chip cookies, lemonade, and water for snacking back in February. :D (Has it really been six months already??)

Even if you are in a private lounge, when you board, you usually pass the general boarding area so his friend might see him passing by to board if you are all in the terminal at the same time.

The timing of when each party is in the waiting areas may be the key factor.

FLL is set up so that the VIP room is directly behind the Priority check-in desks. The entry is a regular-sized door opening. The FTTF check-in is on the opposite side of the building and the waiting area is beyond the check-in area and general boarding is beyond that.

I recommend waiting in the back corner of the VIP lounge, on the same side as the snacks. It's pretty deep so it's hard to see anyone who is back there.

I love surprises. Hope the surprise works. Good luck and have a great cruise.

For my Dad's 85th birthday the entire family surprised him by joining him on the cruise. He only knew that besides my Mom, it was my husband and myself..

We picked Dad up later than we said, made up some excuse and were in touch with the rest of the family the entire time...

They were all in the VIP Room when we entered and screamed SURPRISE when he came in to sit down... As a matter of fact, pretty much everyone in the VIP Room yelled SURPRISE too.. (there were 14 other members of the family and I guess they let all the other passengers know what was going on)...

The expression on his face was absolutely priceless...

If you're all going to be in the VIP Room, that might work for you too

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. We are going to trybtovsurprise him on the ship. I like the idea to stay in the back of the lounge. We bought Tshirts with his name on them to celebrate his life changing event and was planning on wearing them on the ship. We love surprises too, hopefully we can pull this off.

ML