Cruising out of New York.

hulawho

Agreed.

In your cabin you would not get to see the VNB like this.....

2nhq521.jpg

exactly. We are from NY and we have cruised out of NY twice and was awesome to see the skyline especially doing the 9 11 2011 Miracle cruise.

Could not imagine just staying on balcony to watch this.

Starboard is correct, but the panorama views up top are so much better. We like being on the open fantail. Not sure if the Vista will have one.

then we like being in view of the whale tail as she "scrapes" the bottom of the Verrazano bridge.

exactly. We are from NY and we have cruised out of NY twice and was awesome to see the skyline especially doing the 9 11 2011 Miracle cruise.

Could not imagine just staying on balcony to watch this.

Love those pics of the Miracle off shore with those two beams of light, wish I was on her then.

Thank you all for the replies. We will not be returning to NYC as it's the Vista repo to Miami. My husband is a bit of a recluse and wants to watch from the balcony. I forgot about the bridge. I may be able to convince him to watch from the upper decks if only to watch going under the bridge.

Thank you all for the replies. We will not be returning to NYC as it's the Vista repo to Miami. My husband is a bit of a recluse and wants to watch from the balcony. I forgot about the bridge. I may be able to convince him to watch from the upper decks if only to watch going under the bridge.

Best sail away we have done in our 33 cruises! It is worth going out to see. Let us know your thoughts when you return.