Does Size matter?

Gallivanting Souls

I found that when advertising- each cruise lines states they have the biggest staterooms on the waters.

I have sailed Royal and Carnival in BAlcony cabins and I dont see the difference in space.

I sailed on the aft of the Victory and thought it very spacious but someone else sailied the same exact room as I did and thought the cabin was rather small with very little storage space.

I have stayed in insides on carnival and seen them on Royal Royals seem very small compared to Carnival but then i seen NCl -- NOW THAT was small..

Newer Carnival ships seems to have bigger cabins than most. Some lines have the sq.footage in their catalogues. You can have your TA find out what the size is or call the line directly and ask them. Older ships have smaller cabins........................Smile....................Bonnie J...........................

I am going on the smallest/oldest NCL ship (Crown) yet the cabin (outside standard) is a very decent size, 165 sq ft. I went on the brand new NCL ship (Jewel), had an identical grade of cabin - G - and that was 161 sq ft. Most cruiseline websites give the sq ft of their cabins so its a case of shop around, find the itinerary you want and a ship with what you feel is enough space for you, then book it. If visualising the cabin measurements is difficult, and it often is, find a room in your house or use the garden and measure it out, that will give you an idea of the space you are getting.

The main thing about the cabin is that during the cruise you won't really be spending alot of time in it..least not while awake anyway. The level of storage is usually very good and the way the cabins are laid out is usually making the most of the space available. The older ships sometimes have more space than the later ones, sometimes that is vice versa but in any event you will find yourself out of the cabin much more than inside it.

Personally I go for itinerary, then ship..a decent sized cabin is a bonus but not absolutely essential as I only intend sleeping in it and having a lazy breakfast in bed in it occasionally ;) :)

While I'm sure it is important to some, the size of the cabin has never been a huge issue to us. We have booked ocean view vs. inside because of a few sq.ft. (if the cost isn't too much higher).

I'm more interested in the ship itself and, more importantly, the port stops. We find we spend so little time in our cabin, it's not a major factor for us. I would never forego a beautiful ship and wonderful itinerary just to have a bigger cabin.

So, the bang for your buck means something different for everyone.

I would check out the ships ammenities and ports rather than the cabin size.

• 4 weeks later...
I am going on the smallest/oldest NCL ship (Crown) yet the cabin (outside standard) is a very decent size, 165 sq ft. I went on the brand new NCL ship (Jewel), had an identical grade of cabin - G - and that was 161 sq ft. Most cruiseline websites give the sq ft of their cabins so its a case of shop around, find the itinerary you want and a ship with what you feel is enough space for you, then book it. If visualising the cabin measurements is difficult, and it often is, find a room in your house or use the garden and measure it out, that will give you an idea of the space you are getting.

Carnival 185 sq. Ft! Carnival RULES! :) . Also I like the couch in the room.

The main thing about the cabin is that during the cruise you won't really be spending alot of time in it..least not while awake anyway. ;) :)

Some people don't spend much time in their cabin - others do. While I love to get out and about - I also love to just relax on the balcony and enjoy the sea.

I would never consider an inside cabin for just this reason - I want to enjoy my whole cruise, not just the part outside my cabin.

Archived