The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

Hi, tmac! Yes, we had the flags up during sailaway, then took them down while at sea. The plan was to put them up while in port also, since we figured that would be safe. Once docked in Labadee, we put them up again... not 5 minutes later there was a knock on the door asking us to take them down due to the fire hazard. I really did not think it would be an issue in port, but I guess it was. We had them taped with painters tape, so they were pretty secure - more secure than the clothing I saw on hangers on the balconies... Oh, well. It did not take away from our cruise enjoyment. We just wanted to have them in port so that family from home could see us on the webcam. :)

What an awesome idea! I almost took a picture of it now I really wish I had! We are guilty of putting clothes on hangers on the balcony! The flags looked really pretty, it is a shame you couldn't have left them!

Thanks for all the positive comments! It really is encouraging to know the review is helpful to others, and also to see the hard work appreciated.

On to reading FOS and Navigator reviews... planning our upcoming adventures too! :)

The verdict on VOOM! (Internet):

This was the first time we bought the full internet package. My parents really needed contact with home (in Africa), so we had to get a package. We really liked the speed and quality of the internet. However, it was very spotty the last 2 days. We probably only had a total of 1 hour access during the last two days. So, it is not completely reliable. With our "Platinum C&A" discount, it cost $89.25 for the week.

Can you use the ship computers when you buy the unlimited Internet package? I thought that package allowed access only on your own device and that the ship's computers was an extra cost? Is the information listed anywhere?

Can you use the ship computers when you buy the unlimited Internet package? I thought that package allowed access only on your own device and that the ship's computers was an extra cost? Is the information listed anywhere?

Once you sign up for an internet package, you can use that username and password on the ship's computers.

Once you sign up for an internet package, you can use that username and password on the ship's computers.

In addition to the info from Bob, you can use your unlimited package on more than one device, as long as you log out of one device first. E.g. On our cruise we had an iPad and iPad mini. We would log into the iPad, to get e-mail and then log off. After that, we would log into the iPad mini to get that device's e-mail. The rest of the time, we would log only an iPhone in to have access to WhatsApp. The two device price is for using two devices simultaneously. Hope this makes sense.

Since you have such a large group, check out RSharp's review (though you may have found it already). They were on the cruise with us and took a group of 20. Here is a link to his review-in-progress: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224387&highlight=oasis

APDMOM,

I'm finally reading your review (my 9 hour train ride has begun) and I'm already enjoying it & you haven't even sailed away yet! Thanks for adding this link to the reviewer who sailed Oasis with a group of 20. That will be me next month!

Dana aka/Lipz

In addition to the info from Bob, you can use your unlimited package on more than one device, as long as you log out of one device first. E.g. On our cruise we had an iPad and iPad mini. We would log into the iPad, to get e-mail and then log off. After that, we would log into the iPad mini to get that device's e-mail. The rest of the time, we would log only an iPhone in to have access to WhatsApp. The two device price is for using two devices simultaneously. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks all for your responses. Very helpful.

APDMOM,

I'm finally reading your review (my 9 hour train ride has begun) and I'm already enjoying it & you haven't even sailed away yet! Thanks for adding this link to the reviewer who sailed Oasis with a group of 20. That will be me next month!

Dana aka/Lipz

You are welcome! Hope the train ride was not too rough! I still have not taken Amtrak in the 18 years I have lived in America, but I have heard some interesting stories :)

Time for some home duties. Tomorrow, I will follow up with some ship tips, our favorite spot on the ship, and our cabin review ("Stateroom" 12729).

:)

Wow!, I'm loving your review. All of the tips are so helpful. I never thought to take a picture of my luggage, this year, I will. Looking forward to learning about more tips, and seeing your pictures. Thank you!!!:)

With that, another review bites the dust. Sniff-sniff... let me book a cruise!

A final view from our balcony: Sunrise over Fort Lauderdale on the last morning:

DSCN1822_zpsnwlqelrm.jpeg

It has been fun! Farewell from the Family of the Seas... until November!

DSCN1402_zps22rmg2rj.jpeg

Well done!!! from the beginning to the end, I enjoyed your review.

Taking our first cruise on the Oasis. We also have cabin 12729. Leaving on Feb 27th from Ft. Lauderdale. Appreciate all the info and pictures. Thanks!

As you can see, you are in for a treat! Enjoy "our" balcony :)

Well done!!! from the beginning to the end, I enjoyed your review.

Thank you!

Thank you for this detailed review, with all the lovely photos. I haven't been on the Oasis class in years, so it's nice to have a refresher course. :)

I'm sharing this with other family members before our family cruise next year.

Taking our first cruise on the Oasis. We also have cabin 12729. Leaving on Feb 27th from Ft. Lauderdale. Appreciate all the info and pictures. Thanks!

We're on the same cruise, two floors below you in 10729. Be sure to wave!

We are thinking of trying Harmony next June in Europe. Thank you for this very detailed helpful review. I took notes and my kids enjoyed your photos!

You are welcome. Please come back and share about Harmony if you end up going. :)

Loved it!

Thanks!

Thanks again - slow day at work - I just went through and copied and pasted all your "tips" so I can have them easily available to me to review on the plane or while enjoying my first cocktail on board. 149 days.....

Thanks! You gave me a good chuckle! I almost Googled this "country" you are from... until my brain kicked into gear to recognize your location. :D DH lived in Chicago for 4 years - fortunately before we met. That cold weather is not of me!

Since you have such a large group, check out RSharp's review (though you may have found it already). They were on the cruise with us and took a group of 20. Here is a link to his review-in-progress: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224387&highlight=oasis

Hey! I know I'm REALLY late in reading your review. I just saw this post plugging my review. Thanks.

It's to bad you couldn't make it to M&M I was looking forward to meeting you after so many months together on roll call. Maybe next time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey! I know I'm REALLY late in reading your review. I just saw this post plugging my review. Thanks.

It's to bad you couldn't make it to M&M I was looking forward to meeting you after so many months together on roll call. Maybe next time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know! I kind of regret that I did not just go for a while... especially since the Welcome Back party ended up being postponed. I wonder if RCI purposely scheduled the Welcome Back so close to our M&M.

Anyway, there is always another excuse to book a future cruise! How about FOS over Thanksgiving? :D

APDMOM,

WOW! What a fantastic review. The pictures were great. Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Thanks! Just paying forward some of what I learned here :)