Two questions, please

funtime238

I have two questions I hope someone can answer, please. First, when you look at booking and returning guests, and it says double upgrades, are those automatically done in your pricing, or do you have to specifically ask for it?

Second, we have booked 8 rooms; 7 on one ship and one on another, a total of 18 people. We booked through Carnival. Should we be getting anything extra? ( We are not)

Thank you in advance. I am pretty sure we are all right, but I hate to "leave anything on the table".

I can answer 2nd question.

Only if you booked as a "Group" and went thru the "Group" department.

If you just individually booked 8 cabins,,, then you get nothing but a fun vacation.

Side Note: If you book as a 'Group" , you pay for those little niceities with a higher rate.

You got better rates booking individually.

Thank you! My questions seem to have been answered with what I was thinking.

And yes, we have 7 cabins on one ship and a separate one on a two week earlier sailing.

I thought we were all set, but so many people know so more about the ins and outs of cruising than we do, and have really helped us in getting the most out of the experience. I love cruise critic, and of course cruising!

Thank you! My questions seem to have been answered with what I was thinking.

And yes, we have 7 cabins on one ship and a separate one on a two week earlier sailing.

I thought we were all set, but so many people know so more about the ins and outs of cruising than we do, and have really helped us in getting the most out of the experience. I love cruise critic, and of course cruising!

As a previous poster said you might get something when booking thru the groups department for the 7 cabins. The single booking is independent and on its own.

You need 8 cabins on a single sailing, there are some cruises in 2016 that offer group benefits for 5 cabins but in either case the group space needs to be approved first and then people assigned to the cabins.