Tip for those Sailing with Kids....

I am loyal to Royal, just hit Emerald! But, after just completing our 2nd cruise with the kids (11yo and 5yo), I encountered a 'situation' that I was surprised I had never seen posted as a tip on CC.

BRING EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!

Background story:

I don't wear a lot of makeup, and I tend to minimize those sorts of things for myself when packing. I can certainly live for a week without eye makeup remover. However, the equation changes when you send your kids to Adventure Ocean! Love love love Adventure Ocean! Staff was wonderful, Kids were thrilled to go! 100% sanity saver. But the face paint was a bit of a surprise. Their skill and degree of paint around the eyes was to say the least -- amazing. Hard to get off with just a washcloth and the water that only runs hot (on Oasis/Allure). Day 1, used 4 washcloths and told 5yo DD to tough it out. I wasn't going to the makeup store. Day 2, BOTH kids had FULL face makeup. OMG. Went to the store -- best $37 I ever spent. It killed me knowing I had the stuff at home already but boy did it work! Lancôme in the Solera shop. Only option they had.

Moms, add it to your lists!

I usually bring eye make up remover but I've never used it for this.

I ALWAYS bring baby wipes. My kids are 9 and 7 and we are long past diapers, but I still buy them by the case from Costco. There are a multitude of uses for baby wipes but they are exceptional for removing face paint.

On a recent trip, my son developed hives in reaction to the face paint so he avoids it now at all costs.

I agree, they are quiet skilled at putting on face paint.