Sale next week??

belle2

Another sale that is not a sale.

Maybe it is because their prices are already low, but Carnival's sales are rarely anything to write home about.

People get excited on other boards when some of the specials come out - but Carnival rarely does anything of note. (We booked, although we ended up canceling for a land vacation just because of an NCL special, and Celebrity's 1-2-3 is awesome.)

Have to say- I don't understand reduced deposit as a sale though... I know lots of people seem to like that one. The cruise costs the same amount. I mean, if they reduced the price of the cruise by the typical amount of the deposit- that's a sale. But if I pay the same either way, what difference does it make.

It makes a difference for me because if the deposit is $50, $99 or half price I can book now. As opposed to it being $1000, I'll have to wait another month to save the cash and by then the rooms could be sold out or prices have gone up. Unless you know of a money tree somewhere!

I have to say that we got a really good deal on our last cruise because of a Carnival "24-hour" sale. We were watching rooms on the Carnival Splendor for April. The Balcony was running around $1900 total for the 2 of us. With the 24-hour sale they dropped to $1313 total. We jumped on it and booked. The next day the price went back up to around $1900 and we never saw it drop again. Sometimes it pays to watch those sales.

Maybe it is because their prices are already low, but Carnival's sales are rarely anything to write home about.

People get excited on other boards when some of the specials come out - but Carnival rarely does anything of note. (We booked, although we ended up canceling for a land vacation just because of an NCL special, and Celebrity's 1-2-3 is awesome.)

Have to say- I don't understand reduced deposit as a sale though... I know lots of people seem to like that one. The cruise costs the same amount. I mean, if they reduced the price of the cruise by the typical amount of the deposit- that's a sale. But if I pay the same either way, what difference does it make.

We both agree that the cruise costs the same but some people dont have the funds available to lay out cost of deposit say 6 months before a cruise.

I also would book right now if they had reduced deposits. Paying $1k when I owe final payments on 2 other cruises is too much for me right now!

Yes! This! I have two other vacations I'm still saving for. They are paid for the most part other than a few extras to save for.

I used to think that too, what difference does a reduced deposit make anyway you wind up paying it anyway. But sometimes the reduced deposit really makes a big difference to me. I cruise solo most of the time and am looking at an 8 night cruise on the Vista. The deposit is more than half the amount of the cruise. If I wait until a 50% sale, I only have to put down $300.

I think a 50% deposit sale is preferable if you book a cruise over 1 year out. Don't like to tie up that much money for that long of a time. True that you end up having to pay the entire amount eventually, but for a cruise that far out would be good for less deposit.

The last "sale" Carnival had that involved a $50 OBC, the base fare went up to make up for that OBC. I was looking at the Conquest in December and inside cabin went up $10 per person and mid-ship location you had to pay an extra amount extra per deck. Last time I checked after that sale ended, the fare went back down to where it was before the sale and so did the amount you paid for that mid-ship location. Basically the same amount as before & after that "sale" for that particular sailing we were looking at. Of course, your sailing for your cruise you were looking at may differ from what we observed for our sailing date.

Yep...we have one booked for this December, and would like to book for next. That $500 just sitting out there for 1 1/2 years is kind of off-putting for me for some reason.

Was going to book anyway, but maybe I'll wait a week or so to see what they do. ☺

Just remember that if you book ES with a reduced deposit and then submit a price drop request prior to final payment, the rest of the deposit will then be due immediately. Happened to me once...

Yep....happened to me last week. Just had to get that $30 balance reduction and $30 OBC. 🍹🍹🍹

Thank goodness I knew it was going to happen and checked my booking for amount due asap!

Yep....happened to me last week. Just had to get that $30 balance reduction and $30 OBC. [emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]

Thank goodness I knew it was going to happen and checked my booking for amount due asap!

We actually chose not to price match, because we didn't want to pay the whole deposit yet. We don't know if we're able to go and only want to lose $99 if we can't. We would have gotten $50 obc, oh well!

I'm waiting, I have until 6/30 to book and get 10% cash back on my Discover card for booking a cruise. It's a nice sum of money as we always book a balcony.

Is this the regular Discover booking via their agents?

Or is this a special sale coming 6/30?

Thx