Garden Villas on the Star - bed for 7th guest

Wondering if anyone who has sailed in either Garden Villa on the Star remembers where the sofa/chair bed would be for the 7th guest? Also, is there a half bath in the living room or entry area, as with some other GVs? And why an 8th isn't allowed, as with some other GVs? Thanks in advance for any info.

If you look at the floor plan, the middle bedroom appears to have one of those foldout loveseats NCL puts in penthouses, so presumably, this is the 7th bed. The floor plan doesn't show a powder room.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Though I haven't been on the Star but have been on the Dawn a number of times in the Garden Villa, You can ask the Cabin Steward for a pullout bed and they will put it anywhere you would like. We had it put in the living area each night and had it stowed away every morning.

As far as an additional bathroom to the 3 that are in the Bedrooms if it is the same as the Dawn there is a bathroom to the left of the entrance to cabin 14500 in the elevator hallway, that is more of a public bathroom but the only people that can get to that deck are the people booked in both Garden villa's

What was told to me why there are 8 allowed on the Jewel class ships but only 7 on the Star class has to do with how they designate people in the lifeboats, that was told to me by the Hotel manager so I think that it may be the case.

Wondering if anyone who has sailed in either Garden Villa on the Star remembers where the sofa/chair bed would be for the 7th guest? Also, is there a half bath in the living room or entry area, as with some other GVs? And why an 8th isn't allowed, as with some other GVs? Thanks in advance for any info.

Not sure why the Dawn and Star are now 7. They used to let you book 8 in there up to a couple years ago when they made the change.

As far as an additional bathroom to the 3 that are in the Bedrooms if it is the same as the Dawn there is a bathroom to the left of the entrance to cabin 14500 in the elevator hallway, that is more of a public bathroom but the only people that can get to that deck are the people booked in both Garden villa's

We are booked in the Garden Villa (14500) on the Star in September. Our suite is supposed to have the 1/2 bath. The other Garden Villa on the ship (possibly 14000) is supposed to have a full kitchen and does not have the 1/2 bath. Hope this helps.

Carrie

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked in the Garden Villa (14500) on the Star in September. Our suite is supposed to have the 1/2 bath. The other Garden Villa on the ship (possibly 14000) is supposed to have a full kitchen and does not have the 1/2 bath. Hope this helps.

Carrie

Please post pics, particularly of the bedrooms. We will be in the 14500 GV on the Star in November and are trying to figure out where to put my adult brother for sleeping. Our group is my husband and I, my mom, her friend and my brother. No one will share a bed except my husband and I.

Thanks and enjoy!

Edited by maja651

Please post pics, particularly of the bedrooms. We will be in the 14500 GV on the Star in November and are trying to figure out where to put my adult brother for sleeping. Our group is my husband and I, my mom, her friend and my brother. No one will share a bed except my husband and I.

Thanks and enjoy!

Michelle,

I will definitely post pictures. There are some Youtube videos out there about the rooms. Apparently the middle bedroom is the one with a pull-out chair that makes into a twin bed. I've actually slept on one similar on the Pearl in the Garden Villa with my grandmother. Of course, she got the queen bed and I got the twin pull-out. That was so comfortable that I looked into purchasing one when I got back as a backup bed for my house.

I think you can also request a portable bed as well and I've seen where that has been put in the living room and then put up during the day. I guess then clothing could go in one of the other closets in the bedrooms. There's plenty of room in any of the closets.

Carrie

Michelle,

I will definitely post pictures. There are some Youtube videos out there about the rooms. Apparently the middle bedroom is the one with a pull-out chair that makes into a twin bed. I've actually slept on one similar on the Pearl in the Garden Villa with my grandmother. Of course, she got the queen bed and I got the twin pull-out. That was so comfortable that I looked into purchasing one when I got back as a backup bed for my house.

I think you can also request a portable bed as well and I've seen where that has been put in the living room and then put up during the day. I guess then clothing could go in one of the other closets in the bedrooms. There's plenty of room in any of the closets.

Carrie

Thanks Carrie! Unfortunately the middle bedroom is the one bedroom that should work, but won't for our group. My mom's friend has that bedroom, as it has the smallest bathroom and she will be the only one in that room. The 2 masters are really what we are looking at figuring out which one works better for my brother and mom. They can share a bath, even a bedroom, but they do not want to share a bed. I think I have read that the back master bedroom works with a pullout that should work. If not, we will just figure it out. :). However, your pictures will be most appreciated! :)

I am also very curious to see if they made any changes to the villa since the dry dock.

Thanks Carrie! Unfortunately the middle bedroom is the one bedroom that should work, but won't for our group. My mom's friend has that bedroom, as it has the smallest bathroom and she will be the only one in that room. The 2 masters are really what we are looking at figuring out which one works better for my brother and mom. They can share a bath, even a bedroom, but they do not want to share a bed. I think I have read that the back master bedroom works with a pullout that should work. If not, we will just figure it out. :). However, your pictures will be most appreciated! :)

I am also very curious to see if they made any changes to the villa since the dry dock.

If you are limited between the master and the back bedroom for an extra bed, it would have to be the back bedroom. The true "Master" had a huge bathroom but no room for a rolllaway whereas the back bedroom has more floor space. I think that I have read that some even have it set up in the closet area.....

But as some have posted....you could also have the extra bed put in the living room and then stowed away during the day. And do NOT count on that "extra" bathroom that goes along with #14500....it is only a toilet and a sink and is located outside the actual villa in the entryway area - directly off of the elevators.

We have had both Garden Villas on many trips...so know both rooms well. My first choice for you would be to have your brother's bed set up each night in the living area.....and use the back bedroom for his clothes and the bathroom facilities as there is more than enough room for two people's clothes, etc. Second choice would be to put his rollaway in the second (back) bedroom with your mom....but still think there would be more privacy for each of them if he slept in the living room.

If you are limited between the master and the back bedroom for an extra bed, it would have to be the back bedroom. The true "Master" had a huge bathroom but no room for a rolllaway whereas the back bedroom has more floor space. I think that I have read that some even have it set up in the closet area.....

But as some have posted....you could also have the extra bed put in the living room and then stowed away during the day. And do NOT count on that "extra" bathroom that goes along with #14500....it is only a toilet and a sink and is located outside the actual villa in the entryway area - directly off of the elevators.

We have had both Garden Villas on many trips...so know both rooms well. My first choice for you would be to have your brother's bed set up each night in the living area.....and use the back bedroom for his clothes and the bathroom facilities as there is more than enough room for two people's clothes, etc. Second choice would be to put his rollaway in the second (back) bedroom with your mom....but still think there would be more privacy for each of them if he slept in the living room.

Thank you! I think we will probably go with the living room idea. The reality is, he will probably be up the latest anyway, since he's single and ready to mingle. :D. Even if my hubby and I party with him he would probably outlast us both. :)

• 7 months later...

We use a rollaway in the back bedroom one year. If you take out the chairs and small table, it will fit against the sliding door/glass that looks onto the deck. There is plenty of room in there to do that.

I think that technically you could put it in the closet, but it would be extremely tight.

And unless no one wants to use the living area until he gets up, the living room area is not a good choice. because it's one giant great room.

There is no half bath IN 14500.