Must try foods at non specialty restaurants.

cruiseelady

Crepes, made to order, only in the evening, only in the buffet...

And if they happen to have chocolate fondue available ask for a crepe made with that chocolate--so much better than chocolate syrup!!

And if they happen to have chocolate fondue available ask for a crepe made with that chocolate--so much better than chocolate syrup!!

Oooh, I never saw any chocolate fondue :( But the ones with the chocolate syrup were pretty good anyway ;)

I liked the cold fruit soups they served a few times in the buffet; the scallops in the MDR; and the hazelnut milk chocolate bar on chocoholic night. :D

Edited by theloo

Is the buffet for dinner basically a rehash of what is served in the MDR, or is it different?

If the main dining rooms are serving what I've had on the Dawn and Getaway, try the fabulous dessert souffles! These were served two different nights on the 7 night cruises. They are served warm with a sauce to pour over it.

Is the buffet for dinner basically a rehash of what is served in the MDR, or is it different?

Different, and it has varied from ship to ship in the past, according to whomever was the executive chef. Don't know if that is true anymore or if it is more standardized.

We had the chocolate fondue up in the buffet area when we were on the Sun but have never seen it on another ship...

I LOVE the muesli (cold, oatmeal cereal that has fruit in it) with nuts and brown sugar on it. Served on breakfast buffet. If you like cheese, they have an awesome cheese spread at lunch/ dinner on buffet, pretzel bread, crepes.

I also like the cold soups and soufflés at desert. They also had this yummy chocolate mousse that is served in a chocolate shel.

I have only ever seen that chocolate fondue on the Sun as well, but that fondue chocolate is great poured over the soft serve. It makes a delicious hard shell.

Edited by drvalo

I have only ever seen that chocolate fondue on the Sun as well, but that fondue chocolate is great poured over the soft serve. It makes a delicious hard shell.

Oh no, I was on the Sun in May and never saw it :(

I like the sandwich bar at the buffet. There were usually a couple different sandwiches premade. The muffaletta was okay, although could have used more meat.

Watch out for the kippers at breakfast. I knew what they were but had never tried them before and figured this was my chance. Tasted like buttered, salted popcorn without the butter or popcorn, only fishy.

Edited by BamaVol

For Breakfast at the buffet - Bacon, hash browns(I think it made out of crack, its that good) and the eggs Benedict

For Lunch or Dinner at the buffet - Indian food, cheeses and bread to make your own platter, pre-made salads like Creviche or Brazilian Chicken, Ice cream

At the outdoor - the hamburgers, salads and fries (doesn't matter which one, they're all good)

From the MDR for dinner - Vegetable Lasanga roll, Striploin Steak (that thing is huge), The fried chicken one (that was big serving too), Chocolate volcano, and sherbet

From O'Sheenan's / Blue Lagoon - Chicken tenders, Mozzarella sticks, Buffalo wings

From the Asian bar- perfect much everything

At breakfast on the buffet, they had these little miniature ( @ the size of a quarter) potato pancakes!!!! So yummy and addictive! Also at least once late night in the buffet they had macaroons.

My friends raved about the rack of lamb in the MDR, I didn't try it but they were talking about it for DAYS after. Actually, they're still talking about it, and it's been nine months since we had our cruise. I liked the Spaghetti Bolanigase. The roasted chicken was good too. And I had a souffle one night for desert and it was divine.

We loved the souffle!7f6c0182e53e0cd4282728a519753b0a.jpg

It was delicious and done just right!

My wife loved the shrimpburger and had it twice

We both loved the crepes and only wished they had them for breakfast.

The lamb is fantastic.

Fish and chips were tasty too.

There was a lot to try and most of it was surprisingly tasty. Better than expected.

-Sean