Camp Carnival 2yr old group

flcruiser08

Does anyone have any activity sheets/schedules that I could see? This will be my dd 5th cruise but first one she will be old enough to use the club wondering if we will or not. Also any experiences you may have with this age group, i'd like to hear. Thank you!

My grandson was 2 on our last cruise and went to Camp Carnival everyday which made his parents very happy. They gave them a phone and would call if he was unhappy. I know he also went to a couple of later evening parties, ate dinner with Camp Carnival most nights and stayed one port day for awhile. Seems like they had to get him for lunch time, which worked well with nap/rest, too. Sorry we didn't save the schedules. Parents went to orientation, I believe it was soon after sail away. He enjoyed it, playing with other children, toys, movies, activities and slept well every nite, according to parents. Hope yours enjoys it, have a fun cruise.

My 6 yo has been cruising since he was 2. As stated, they give you a phone so you can check in and they can get a hold of you if needed. We have cruised several times since then and he always goes. At 2 he seemed to enjoy it. It helps if your grandchild is accustomed to being with other children (daycare or preschool) as the set up is very much the same. I can't remember if there is a requirement about diapers. He was out of diapers by then. We did a build a bear workshop at which you get to stuff a teddy. He got the Fun ship Freddy (it was like 8 or 10 bucks). But there is a big selection. I will check to see if I kept any of the schedules. It helps to register on-line early. It makes the on board registration process a lot quicker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We took our son on his first cruise when he was 2. He is now 4 and we are going on his 4th cruise in September!

He absolutely loved Camp. They had bubble parties, played games, had dance parties and more.

I would recommend going to the family party on the first night of the cruise so that your little one can be both with you and get to interact with others at the same time.

My Victory review below in my signature was when he was 2.

Kim

Toddlers (ages 2 - 5)

From finger painting to cartoon time, arts and crafts to puppet shows, toddlers ages 2-5 are sure to have a blast. And, Carnival provides babysitting services in the evenings (for a nominal fee), so Mom and Dad can get in some "quiet time," too.

Children also get their very own menus, featuring all their favorite foods. Hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni & cheese and spaghetti & meatballs are all available on a Carnival cruise, so even pint-size guests can feel pampered on their "Fun Ship" family vacation.

Carnival provides stroller rentals fleet-wide, for a nominal fee.

Activities for toddlers may include:

SeaNotes Sing-a-longs - Music and Movement Activities

H2Ocean - Make your own Playdoh

Picture Bingo - Bingo for prizes/candy

A-B-Seas Reading and Story Time

Kid's Talent Show

Face Painting

Soft Play Equipment

ExerSeas Indoor Ball Games, Parachute Games

Mini Late Night Parties - Including Candy Art, Dancing, Games & Sno Cones

"Fun Ship" Freddy Theme Activities

Movie Nights

Kids Dance Parties

T-Shirt Decorating

Note: Toddlers do not have to be potty-trained in order to be a part of Camp Carnival; parents simply need to provide the youth staff with diapers and toiletries for their child.

Here's a link to activity sheets for the 2 year old group on the Sensation: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2181121&highlight=sensation&page=4

My little guy (also 2) really enjoyed it. Feel free to ask any other questions you have. I also include a lot of other information about cruising with a 2 year old in my two reviews (links in my signature). Enjoy! :D

Edited by ProfCruise

In my experience, the ship and the kid make all the difference. My daughter was 2.5 on our 2 April cruises (this past April). We were on the Glory 1 week, and the Breeze the next. On the Glory, she went every day. She asked to go and loved it. On the Breeze, she went 2 days before she started crying and saying 'No kids club! No kids club!' That was fine with us, we are perfectly willing to have her with us the whole time, but I was surprised she gave up the toys.

I think the difference was on the Breeze, there were a lot more kids, some of which were a little mean to her sometimes, not letting her go down the slide when she wanted to without a 'password'- which a 2 year old doesn't understand. Also, the staff wanted her to do the planned activities. They even taped up the toy igloo they had so kids couldn't go in unless it was a designated time for it. Most of the activities were for the older kids (4 and 5 ish), the 2 and 3 year olds didn't understand and didn't want to do it, but they weren't allowed to do anything else.The Glory was much more laid back, she could play with toys any time she wanted, and she liked it better.

As far as activities, I have the sheets somewhere around here. They typically have an activity about every 30 minutes. There are things like train time where they build tracks, t-shirt time at the end of the week where they color their own shirts, movie times in the evening, play-doh times, lots of fun stuff. They do change diapers, but I don't have any experience with that- my daughter surprised us and potty trained the month before our cruise.

In my experience, the ship and the kid make all the difference. My daughter was 2.5 on our 2 April cruises (this past April). We were on the Glory 1 week, and the Breeze the next. On the Glory, she went every day. She asked to go and loved it. On the Breeze, she went 2 days before she started crying and saying 'No kids club! No kids club!' That was fine with us, we are perfectly willing to have her with us the whole time, but I was surprised she gave up the toys.

I think the difference was on the Breeze, there were a lot more kids, some of which were a little mean to her sometimes, not letting her go down the slide when she wanted to without a 'password'- which a 2 year old doesn't understand. Also, the staff wanted her to do the planned activities. They even taped up the toy igloo they had so kids couldn't go in unless it was a designated time for it. Most of the activities were for the older kids (4 and 5 ish), the 2 and 3 year olds didn't understand and didn't want to do it, but they weren't allowed to do anything else.The Glory was much more laid back, she could play with toys any time she wanted, and she liked it better.

As far as activities, I have the sheets somewhere around here. They typically have an activity about every 30 minutes. There are things like train time where they build tracks, t-shirt time at the end of the week where they color their own shirts, movie times in the evening, play-doh times, lots of fun stuff. They do change diapers, but I don't have any experience with that- my daughter surprised us and potty trained the month before our cruise.

Hopefully the Valor will be more like the Glory and laid back it's hard to expect that a 2 year old can understand and enjoy the same things as a 5 year old. We've had her with us 24/7 on the other 4 cruises so it would be fine but a brief reprieve from her over abundance of energy would also be welcomed.

Hopefully the Valor will be more like the Glory and laid back it's hard to expect that a 2 year old can understand and enjoy the same things as a 5 year old. We've had her with us 24/7 on the other 4 cruises so it would be fine but a brief reprieve from her over abundance of energy would also be welcomed.

I do think the structure was out of necessity. We actually had a camp carnival worker who transferred from the Glory to the Breeze the same week as us, so we had her for all 2 weeks. I know it wasn't just the people being mean or anything, or not supervising properly. There were a lot of kids on the Breeze. The board that holds the name tags was over flowing. The Glory just had less to deal with. If you have 50 kids in a room, you have to have them doing something together or it will be chaos.