Celebrity Wedding?

I'd be interested in hearing more about the courtyard in elizabeth - right now we have an arrangement worked out with the best western north for $175 plus tax that includes parking for the week, or $155 without parking, and also includes transfers to and from the pier.

We are not sure yet what we are doing the night before the wedding. We are trying to get an idea of just how many folks are going to spend the night the night before, and then see about doing something. We're even considering something as informal as a pizza party, but likely will end up doing something at a localish restaurant.

Yes, it is the 28th! Small world! We are looking now into a restaurant to have a dinner the evening before with all my guests in the Newark area. Any suggestions? I saw this famous bbq place that has party rates but idk if FH would go for that. I also got a great group rate at the Courtyard in Elizabeth if you have any out of town guests, I can get you the sales managers name. :)

That's awesome! I initially thought I wouldn't find another Celebrity Wedding, let alone the same date! Are you talking about Dinosaur BBQ? If so, it is a fantastic restaurant. I have never been for a party, but they are wonderful. Could you send me the information for the Courtyard Marriott? We haven't arranged the hotel just yet. Does it include a shuttle for the next day? My email is Fallsgracefully @ Gmail.com.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the courtyard in elizabeth - right now we have an arrangement worked out with the best western north for $175 plus tax that includes parking for the week, or $155 without parking, and also includes transfers to and from the pier.

We are not sure yet what we are doing the night before the wedding. We are trying to get an idea of just how many folks are going to spend the night the night before, and then see about doing something. We're even considering something as informal as a pizza party, but likely will end up doing something at a localish restaurant.

Hello there! Do you have the contact information for the Best Western? Additionally, what time will the transfer to the pier occur? Thank you! We are considering something like a pizza party too, depending on our numbers.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks. some updates.

We ended up not using the best western - their transfer time to the pier was too late - not until 10am and that was cutting it too close for this bride. So instead, guests are going to book through Trinity Reservations at the Ramada - it's $202/night which includes up to 21 days of parking, and a private transfer to the pier which can be set up at any time. Much better.

I'm having some mild panic attacks. More people replied yes than we were expecting... so we are at 120 guests... and the newly installed Tuscan Grille only holds 106. So... Denise and Liz are working on how to handle that. I can't uninvite people, and I can't just have a cocktail party reception. I'm trying my best not to flip out.

Other details are coming together. I've arranged for my girls to have transport up to the pier - we are going to have our hair and makeup done at my salon before heading up to Bayonne. Also decided on the pre-wedding dinner the night before. Harold's in Edison.

I'm at under the 2 month mark. Trying not to panic. ;)

Edited by MonaCK

Hi folks. some updates.

We ended up not using the best western - their transfer time to the pier was too late - not until 10am and that was cutting it too close for this bride. So instead, guests are going to book through Trinity Reservations at the Ramada - it's $202/night which includes up to 21 days of parking, and a private transfer to the pier which can be set up at any time. Much better.

I'm having some mild panic attacks. More people replied yes than we were expecting... so we are at 120 guests... and the newly installed Tuscan Grille only holds 106. So... Denise and Liz are working on how to handle that. I can't uninvite people, and I can't just have a cocktail party reception. I'm trying my best not to flip out.

Other details are coming together. I've arranged for my girls to have transport up to the pier - we are going to have our hair and makeup done at my salon before heading up to Bayonne. Also decided on the pre-wedding dinner the night before. Harold's in Edison.

Wow! It sounds like everything is coming together! I can't believe you have less than two months! (We are at the 5.5 month mark ourselves). Quick question, is the private transfer from the Ramada included in that pricing? We currently have a room block set up at the Hampton Inn Newark Airport. I priced 12 different hotels and they seem to be the best priced. We almost went with the Best Western as well, but didn't like the time of the shuttle and the parking was not included. The Hampton Inn includes parking for the week and the room for $129. It does not include the shuttle, but they use a private company and can set up transfers for us. We may just set this up for our sailing guests and pay for this. I looked into a shuttle bus and the prices are somewhat outrageous.

Wow! That is a fantastic number of people going! Let me know what they work out for you. We are cutting ours close for QSine. We haven't sent invites out yet, but are right at the cut off (82 is our capacity).

Have you picked wedding cake flavors yet? We are tempted to do a second tour of the ship, but don't know if they would offer tasting of the cake anyway. We chose to buy a tiered cake for our guests and were offered some unique flavors, but do not know how they would translate to a cake.

Thanks and much luck!!!

Wow! It sounds like everything is coming together! I can't believe you have less than two months! (We are at the 5.5 month mark ourselves). Quick question, is the private transfer from the Ramada included in that pricing? We currently have a room block set up at the Hampton Inn Newark Airport. I priced 12 different hotels and they seem to be the best priced. We almost went with the Best Western as well, but didn't like the time of the shuttle and the parking was not included. The Hampton Inn includes parking for the week and the room for $129. It does not include the shuttle, but they use a private company and can set up transfers for us. We may just set this up for our sailing guests and pay for this. I looked into a shuttle bus and the prices are somewhat outrageous.

That $202 price includes all taxes and transfers to and from the pier, as well as parking.

Wow! That is a fantastic number of people going! Let me know what they work out for you. We are cutting ours close for QSine. We haven't sent invites out yet, but are right at the cut off (82 is our capacity).

I definitely will.

Have you picked wedding cake flavors yet? We are tempted to do a second tour of the ship, but don't know if they would offer tasting of the cake anyway. We chose to buy a tiered cake for our guests and were offered some unique flavors, but do not know how they would translate to a cake.

Thanks and much luck!!!

We decided to forgo the cake for the wedding guests since the meal includes dessert. We will do the cake cutting on the small cake that is included in the package, and then serve regular dessert to our guests.

We are doing a tour of the ship on May 1st. I wanted to get on there and see the spaces that they are refurbishing, especially since we are using tuscan grille and that didn't exist on the ship yet when we were on in October of 2014.

Hi folks. some updates.

Thanks and much luck!!!

Wow such exciting times for you both. I technically don't have a date yet but I think we're going with Royal although Celebrity is looking really good as well. Sooo I'm keeping an eye out on this thread. :D

Fallsgracefully I sent you an e-mail since we're not supposed to ask TA related questions here. :rolleyes: :D

We are now at 46 days prior, I am supposed to have all of my final details done by tomorrow, and I have heard nothing about how they are accomodating my wedding.

I am NOT a happy camper right now. Not even a little bit happy. Not even a small amount.

We are now at 46 days prior, I am supposed to have all of my final details done by tomorrow, and I have heard nothing about how they are accomodating my wedding.

I am NOT a happy camper right now. Not even a little bit happy. Not even a small amount.

I know you are stressing right now, but can this old lady who did her cruise ship wedding in 2014 offer you a little advice? Remember you only need 4 things for the perfect wedding

1. You get to marry your best friend

2. You get to wear a fabulous dress

3. Somebody will tear up because they love you so much

4. You get to eat cake

Honestly, our wedding planner from TWE didn't show up for ours and I though I would freak completely out, but it's a fun story now and the wedding was absolutely perfect!

I know you are stressing right now, but can this old lady who did her cruise ship wedding in 2014 offer you a little advice? Remember you only need 4 things for the perfect wedding

1. You get to marry your best friend

2. You get to wear a fabulous dress

3. Somebody will tear up because they love you so much

4. You get to eat cake

Honestly, our wedding planner from TWE didn't show up for ours and I though I would freak completely out, but it's a fun story now and the wedding was absolutely perfect!

Thanks for helping to walk me off the ledge. ;)

I heard from Denise today - and they are going to be able to accommodate me, so I am feeling much better now.

We should be doing the final payment tomorrow on everything.

40 days to go........

I'm now at 33 days to go. ACK!

What am I forgetting?

* Reception paid for. Bonus: my future inlaws sent us a check for almost half of the cost of the wedding. Completely unexpected, but very much appreciated.

* Paperwork submitted for sailing and non sailing guest who will be attending the ceremony/reception. Pro tip: They won't let you mismatch numbers, so if you have folks going to the ceremony, you have to pay for them to go to the reception as well.

* Hair trail done - appointments set up for hair and makeup the morning of the wedding.

* Transportation to the pier for me and my girls all set. Guys are getting up there via two private cars.

* Favors are all set, ordered and delivered - we are doing tote bags that are customized with our initials and are being filled with stuff you might need if you are on the go or on a trip - hand sanitizer, etc.

* Ketubah and Kippahs ordered and delivered. Marriage license paid for, and will be picked up next week.

* Guest book ordered, and will be here by the 16th. We used mixbook.com, and were able to customize it. We also ordered gel pens for folks to sign with.

* Welcome letter is in process. I will try to get that done by early next week.

* Wedding rings ordered through iweddingrings.com - they will be here by the 16th as well. The site got great reviews on many wedding websites, and the cost was half of going to a jewelry store.

* Appointment for fitting for my wedding dress is a week from Saturday. I brought it in for an initial fitting... but I lost weight since I bought my dress. I am going again on the 16th (that sees to be the magic day ;) ) so that we can get a better idea of what my actual size will be. Hopefully I won't have to buy a brand new dress at that point, but I fear my alterations are going to cost more than the dress.

* Fiance bought a new tux, and that is ready to be picked up. We also bought matching ties for the groomsmen.

I think that's it! Is there anything glaring that I'm missing...?

I'm now at 33 days to go. ACK!

What am I forgetting?

* Reception paid for. Bonus: my future inlaws sent us a check for almost half of the cost of the wedding. Completely unexpected, but very much appreciated.

* Paperwork submitted for sailing and non sailing guest who will be attending the ceremony/reception. Pro tip: They won't let you mismatch numbers, so if you have folks going to the ceremony, you have to pay for them to go to the reception as well.

* Hair trail done - appointments set up for hair and makeup the morning of the wedding.

* Transportation to the pier for me and my girls all set. Guys are getting up there via two private cars.

* Favors are all set, ordered and delivered - we are doing tote bags that are customized with our initials and are being filled with stuff you might need if you are on the go or on a trip - hand sanitizer, etc.

* Ketubah and Kippahs ordered and delivered. Marriage license paid for, and will be picked up next week.

* Guest book ordered, and will be here by the 16th. We used mixbook.com, and were able to customize it. We also ordered gel pens for folks to sign with.

* Welcome letter is in process. I will try to get that done by early next week.

* Wedding rings ordered through iweddingrings.com - they will be here by the 16th as well. The site got great reviews on many wedding websites, and the cost was half of going to a jewelry store.

* Appointment for fitting for my wedding dress is a week from Saturday. I brought it in for an initial fitting... but I lost weight since I bought my dress. I am going again on the 16th (that sees to be the magic day ;) ) so that we can get a better idea of what my actual size will be. Hopefully I won't have to buy a brand new dress at that point, but I fear my alterations are going to cost more than the dress.

* Fiance bought a new tux, and that is ready to be picked up. We also bought matching ties for the groomsmen.

I think that's it! Is there anything glaring that I'm missing...?

Woohoo! This all sounds exciting! I cannot wait to see pictures!

Wow Mona it's coming along. So exciting. :D

I'm starting to get frustrated that Royal keeps pushing back the release date for their July 2017 cruises. I'm thinking of just going with Celebrity so I can start on the fun of planning. :D

Hmm, another thought...Are you using Celebrity's flower options? Or, are you bringing your own?

I'm using Celebrity's flowers. You can't bring fresh flowers onboard, and it's one less thing I had to think about getting/putting together.

It was a $25 upcharge to put something other than ivory or red into my bouquet. My girls bouquets were $80 each, corsages were $35 each, and the boutonnieres were $14 each.

I'm using Celebrity's flowers. You can't bring fresh flowers onboard, and it's one less thing I had to think about getting/putting together.

It was a $25 upcharge to put something other than ivory or red into my bouquet. My girls bouquets were $80 each, corsages were $35 each, and the boutonnieres were $14 each.

Hello again! Those prices aren't too bad for the flowers. When you pay the upgrade fee, what color options do you get? I haven't discussed flowers yet with Denise. I was trying to be ambitious and was thinking of making paper flower bouquets, but the time is quickly ticking!

Hello again! Those prices aren't too bad for the flowers. When you pay the upgrade fee, what color options do you get? I haven't discussed flowers yet with Denise. I was trying to be ambitious and was thinking of making paper flower bouquets, but the time is quickly ticking!

She didn't really limit me on my color choices. I decided on burgundy as your colors ended up falling into Silver and Burgundy and I thought that having my bouquet be a mix of white and burgundy would work well, as well as having my girls carry burgundy roses.

Wow Mona it's coming along. So exciting. :D

I'm starting to get frustrated that Royal keeps pushing back the release date for their July 2017 cruises. I'm thinking of just going with Celebrity so I can start on the fun of planning. :D

Royal just released their Anthem schedule today!

We are now 18 days out!! I can't believe it. After about 14 months of planning, our weddingmoon is right around the corner!

So here are some additional things that I've learned...

While it says that we need to have all of the info in 45 days in advance, it seems to be a pretty loose deadline. And in fact, just this morning, I was able to add on 2 more guests.

I finally got the menu from Tuscan Grille. Looks pretty yummy:

Appetizer:

Minestrone soup or

Goat cheese & arugula salad

Entrée:

Grilled skirt steak or

Chicken parmesan

Dessert:

Tiramisu or

Fig gelato

Sides are at the Chef's discretion.

I will be touring the ship on May 1st. I will take photos of the new areas and share with all of you in case you can't wait until I'm back after the cruise.

Royal just released their Anthem schedule today!

Yes of course the one day I was so busy at work and didn't check is the day they were released:rolleyes:. I did book the next day though and so I have July 15, 2017 booked on Anthem for our wedding. I contacted my wedding planner and she's getting all the info from Royal so I can book the actual wedding :D. After doing a simple booking through Royal's customer service I can truly say that I'm grateful I have her to deal with them from now on. Royal's customer service leaves much to be desired.:rolleyes: