Pregnancy Rule

cmjb4ever

Cannot have entered the 24th week.

Also, note the form is written in the form of a double negative. My OB was really annoyed about that.

Our DIL would of entered the 24th week, while on our cruise so we had to cancel her. It was their first child and they both decided that if a ship doesn't have the capabilities to deal with complications and the fact, they found out that sometimes the ships movement can trigger labor, they cancelled her. Our son got to go but not DIL. and now we have healthy baby girl.;)

Our DIL would of entered the 24th week, while on our cruise so we had to cancel her. It was their first child and they both decided that if a ship doesn't have the capabilities to deal with complications and the fact, they found out that sometimes the ships movement can trigger labor, they cancelled her. Our son got to go but not DIL. and now we have healthy baby girl.;)

Glad to hear that! Of course, a healthy baby comes ahead of any cruise. Though if I was your DIL, I'd be pretty jealous that everyone, including my husband, went without me! J/K, I'm sure she told everyone to go without her. :)

Just read an article recently of a young couple from Central New Jersey who traveled to Portugal. The young wife was pregnant with twins and in her twenty eighth week. She delivered the twins and one of them died within the first twenty four hours. The second child is in critical condition in a hospital in extensive care. The parents are stuck in Europe with no housing, little money, and their premature daughter fighting for her life. What a sad story.

Glad to hear that! Of course, a healthy baby comes ahead of any cruise. Though if I was your DIL, I'd be pretty jealous that everyone, including my husband, went without me! J/K, I'm sure she told everyone to go without her. :)

She did tell our son to go. It was a cruise to celebrate his twin brothers getting his master degree. I was heart broken because it would of been her first cruise. Trust me it was a very hard decision and I had to respect her /their wishes. We have awesome DIL.

It's a good rule because if you were to give birth on board, and one day your child decided to run for President of the United States, the media would probably have a field day with his/her citizenship.

This is so very true! I can see it now. Ben Smith was born in the Atlantic Ocean on a ship near Haiti to his American mother and American father, but since he was born in foreign waters he is NOT an American citizen. Our media and political system is so jacked up.

This is so very true! I can see it now. Ben Smith was born in the Atlantic Ocean on a ship near Haiti to his American mother and American father, but since he was born in foreign waters he is NOT an American citizen. Our media and political system is so jacked up.

.......on a foreign flagged ship

Except that isn't true; the media has never discounted that people born elsewhere to american parents aren't citizens, just whether or not they are "natural born citizens" (eligible to be President). Children born to American citizens are entitled to US citizenship regardless of where they are born. If your child is born off US territory you just have to file for it at the nearest embassy or when you get home.

Whether or not that makes them eligible to run for president has currently been untested- but I imagine it will eventually go to the supreme court as to what "natural born citizen" means. There just hasn't been a need yet.

The reason is clearly that the ship cannot care for an infant who was born prematurely (or even full term). 24 weeks is when a baby can be viable with acccess to medical care.

Edited by skittl1321

Except that isn't true. Children born to American citizens are entitled to US citizenship regardless of where they are born. If your child is born off US territory you just have to file for it at the nearest embassy or when you get home.

Whether or not that makes them eligible to run for president has currently been untested- but I imagine it will eventually go to the supreme court as to what "natural born citizen" means. There just hasn't been a need yet.

It was meant as a joke. Obama was born in Hawaii but everyone tries to say he isn't American. It was a joke about what the media would try to do.

Except that isn't true; the media has never discounted that people born elsewhere to american parents aren't citizens, just whether or not they are "natural born citizens" (eligible to be President). Children born to American citizens are entitled to US citizenship regardless of where they are born. If your child is born off US territory you just have to file for it at the nearest embassy or when you get home.

The reason is clearly that the ship cannot care for an infant who was born prematurely (or even full term). 24 weeks is when a baby can be viable with acccess to medical care.

It was SARCASM Sheldon :eek:

Oh my, by your title of the thread I thought Carnival was changing another rule . Like maybe saying you were no longer allowed to get pregnant on board or they would charge a service fee!:eek:

We have a "consolation cruise" booked. We're trying to start a family....but we booked a cruise ($99 deposit!) just in case. If we are unsuccessful we at least have a cruise to look forward to! If we are successful, I'm happy to lose that $99 and cancel :)

We have a "consolation cruise" booked. We're trying to start a family....but we booked a cruise ($99 deposit!) just in case. If we are unsuccessful we at least have a cruise to look forward to! If we are successful, I'm happy to lose that $99 and cancel :)

Very good luck to you :). We are in the same "boat" haha. Trying for baby #2, and looking forward to a vacation this coming winter if nothing happens soon!

Me personally I would NEVER in a million years board a boat headed to third world country while pregnant... I know it's allowed up until 24 weeks or something like that. But I can't even imagine having some sort of complication and being sent to a hospital in Nassau/Antigua/Dominican republic/ etc. My friend had a miscarriage while on vacation in Cancun and said she was lucky to make it out of there alive. To each his own but there's a lot more to take into consideration rather than just that particular ships capabilities.