New to Royal Caribbean

Traveling in January on the Independence of the Seas, with a club from our community. Our only cruise experience on cruises has been with Carnival. Looking forward to trying something new..

Any advice?? :cool:

traveling in january on the independence of the seas, with a club from our community. Our only cruise experience on cruises has been with carnival. Looking forward to trying something new..

enjoy!

Sit up in the Crown Vik and people and ocean watch for a bit! Try to catch the shows Liberty had amazing shows! I did a back to back of ice show to Saturday Night Fever and it was incredible to think that much was on board with so much more! You need to take in the Promenade! If you are an art junkie start walking, because it is amazing what you might find.

I may be on Indy in November and I always save the compass.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Enjoy your sailing. If they have Quest, Love & Marriage Show, or any of the comedians onboard...by all means GO. It's a laugh a minute and you'll have a great time. Try a couple of specialty restaurants along with the traditional dining room. Just keep an open mind!

Traveling in January on the Independence of the Seas, with a club from our community. Our only cruise experience on cruises has been with Carnival. Looking forward to trying something new..

We had a wonderful cruise on Indy this past February. Indy is in the Freedom class of ships, and I believe it is the perfect size ship. Big enough but not too big. The nightly entertainments is very good, especially take in the ice show. But get to the 'On Air' lounge where they hold karaoke. It is a wonderful venue, and you will generally find you have some incredible talent among your fellow cruisers.

Staff was wonderful...enjoyed ourselves tremendously. We had been on Indy's sister ship Liberty a few years ago, and always knew we wanted to go on another ship that size...will sail in the Freedom class again....it is just wonderful.

I love Independence of the Seas. I have not been on Carnival for years so cannot compare - but make sure you go to deck 4 to the Royal Promenade. It was my favorite part of the ship.

The Royal Promenade is on Deck 5, Deck 4 is the Promenade deck, (outside).