Canaletto Menu

magandab

I've tried the search to find the "new" Canaletto menu, after they changed from the shared plates. Every link I've found still shows that shared menu (which, by the way, we really enjoyed). Does anyone have a link to the new new menu? TIA

I've tried the search to find the "new" Canaletto menu, after they changed from the shared plates. Every link I've found still shows that shared menu (which, by the way, we really enjoyed). Does anyone have a link to the new new menu? TIA

Hi...I am your neighbor in Victorville:) At the HAL web site under Onboard Our Ships then Dining, Canaletto, there is a menu that has small plates and large plates....didn't see anything about sharing....I wouldn't like that as DH and I have very different tastes.

We have the dining package on our upcoming Alaska cruise....haven't been in the Canaletto for several years.

Karen

Hi...I am your neighbor in Victorville:) At the HAL web site under Onboard Our Ships then Dining, Canaletto, there is a menu that has small plates and large plates....didn't see anything about sharing....I wouldn't like that as DH and I have very different tastes.

We have the dining package on our upcoming Alaska cruise....haven't been in the Canaletto for several years.

Karen

Hi Neighbor! I work in Victorville. There right now.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what I am reading then. On the shared menu the plates had the same descriptions of plate size so maybe they are using the same terminology but meaning something different. Not a biggie, as our Canaletto dinner is included in the Explore 4 (I think) package and we will probably enjoy it anyway.

Got off the Zaandam on June 14. The menu was still the "new" sharing menu. I think this menu has been around a couple of years.

I believe this is the menu you are looking for. Hubby scanned all the menus May 2015 on Noordam: http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Canaletto-Dinner.pdf

Joanie

I like the original menu when we were on the last 3 cruises on the Nieuw.

This past March April we did a B2B Carribean cruise on her with her shared plates. Never shared anything just ordered anything we wanted and it was no problem!

Missed the antipasto plate which they used to go around and serve you what ever you wanted on your plate, as well as the Oso Bucco!

Denise:)

Okay, I'm clearly confused. I was sure that I had read that the "Sharing" menu had gone away due to many complaints but I guess not. No problem as we (Mom and I) thoroughly enjoyed it.

I wish it would go away. It's not so much the sharing concept, I just liked the selections on the old menu better. Italian food needs garlic bread!

The menu has not changed in about 2 years. I've not been a fan of canaletto in the past but it was quite good on the Veendam in May.

Completely. Canaletto on VEENDAM was quite good in May. The décor or the room... chairs etc... the style of the room is comfortable and attractive.

Menu is good. Best is that you CAN share if you wish. Or you can just choose and order as you wish. The chef will even ask for a few change to some items if possible... eg I ask them to remove the gnocchi and instead pasta with the rib meat..... PERFECTO!

Between Canaletto and Pinnacle.... best way to dine.

One evening in Canaletto.... eight of us... had a large table and had a great dinner. Dinner lasted almost four hours. The wine flowed and the conversation flowed as well. Perfect waiters as well.

Stephen

I believe this is the menu you are looking for. Hubby scanned all the menus May 2015 on Noordam: http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Canaletto-Dinner.pdf

Joanie

Just got off the Eurodam on Thursday 25th June and that is the menu we had in Canaletto and we found it very good for the extra $10 per person and used it twice.

I wish it would go away. It's not so much the sharing concept, I just liked the selections on the old menu better. Italian food needs garlic bread!

And back again.... balsamic & oil on the table. Yeah!

The 'old' Canaletto covers... with the menu insert is back again. Not that awful brown and green menu.

Stephen

I agree for the most part. That said I tried the veal and the fish and both were very good.