Breakaway New York to Bermuda June 2017?

I've been a long time lurker of the NCL boards and have found so much valuable info on my past cruises. My husband and I went on our first cruise, the Norway, when we got married 23 years ago and loved NCL from the beginning. Since then we have been on the Wind, Sky, and Jewel.

I'm a planner, so I've already started to research a cruise for our 25th anniversary in June 2017. I love the current itinerary for the Breakaway in June (NY to Bermuda), however I'm worried that it might change for 2017.

I found this online:

Norwegian will continue its tradition of sailing from both New York City and Boston to the pink sand beaches of Bermuda between April and October, 2016. Norwegian Breakaway will return to Bermuda, sailing from New York City on seven-day cruises every Sunday from April 24, 2016 through October 23, 2016.

Does this mean that after October 2016 the Breakaway will no longer be sailing to Bermuda from New York? Does anyone know how likely this is to change for the summer of 2017?

2017 itineraries haven't been released yet. You can count on 2 ships sailing from NYC - likely to Bermuda and the other on the FL/Bahamas route. There are rumors that the Breakaway MAY be reassigned but I'm in the I'll believe it when I see it camp.

As the PP said, Bermuda is hosting the Americas cup in June 17 and it will be CRAZY!!! They were working hard on making improvements at the dockyard when we were there a few weeks ago.

One alternative, is to do the 8 day FL/Bahamas route in a Suite. That's what we have booked for our 20th next year.

We've definitely decided that even if the Breakaway is sailing to Bermuda in June 2017, we won't be doing that with the craziness of the America's Cup going on at that time. Thanks for the 8 day FL Bahamas suggestion. We have never been to NY and it would be great to work out a long land/sea vacation for our anniversary. That would be the Gem, right? I will have to do some research on that ship. I haven't considered it before, so I don't know anything about it.

Since we have never been on one of the new big NCL ships, we would really like to try one. Although we enjoyed the Sky and Jewel in recent years, we really want more active things to do on-board. It will be easier to decide once the summer 2017 schedule comes out.