Carnival the great!

kurukthemal

I am stunned and Carnival has moved up on my there is goodness in people list. I needed to cancel my upcoming cruise ten days out for personal reasons. I had no real documentation other than to tell them my ex messed up our custody schedule and I couldn't go on the cruise. I took a shot and emailed them requesting my cruise fare be transferred to our family cruise in April 2016. I fully expected them to say no and really wouldn't have blamed them if the did.

Obviously by this post, I am delighted to say Carnival transferred my cruise fare to the 2016 balance. I am beyond thankful!

good for you! you should be thankful, because that is totally not within their mode of operation, or contractual obligations (!). that said, i always like a happy ending, and i'm sure they're happy you're coming back regardless :)

I am stunned and Carnival has moved up on my there is goodness in people list. I needed to cancel my upcoming cruise ten days out for personal reasons. I had no real documentation other than to tell them my ex messed up our custody schedule and I couldn't go on the cruise. I took a shot and emailed them requesting my cruise fare be transferred to our family cruise in April 2016. I fully expected them to say no and really wouldn't have blamed them if the did.

Obviously by this post, I am delighted to say Carnival transferred my cruise fare to the 2016 balance. I am beyond thankful!

Glad to hear that it worked out for you. So many of these incidences don't have a happy ending. Sorry that you couldn't go on the cruise but glad that you didn't lose out on anything.

Could be all of the above...I don't know. When I called to cancel the rep told me to contact Carnival and try. So, I went to the Contact Us paged and filled out the form. I was really surprised because I had nothing to offer in terms of support documentation. It was just a crappy, set of events that led to me not being able to take the cruise this Monday. I fully expected them to say no.

Congratulations on a positive outcome! I hope your 2016 cruise is very enjoyable.

Carnival recently extended me an exception to their rules too. It is nice to know that customers are being treated as well off the ships as they are on the ships. A little good will goes a long way and helps keep customers loyal.

OP, did you have insurance through Carnival? just wondering . . .

I did not. I don't think it would have mattered because it wasn't an illness, weather, work or anything just that. Just some crappy events as I said.