Cove Balcony Breeze

Jenhem31

We just booked the Breeze for September and I'm so excited to be in a Cove! I think we have a great location, 2298 which should be under the dining room.

I can't wait to see what it is people love about these balconies! It was a hard sell to my boyfriend, who thinks we will be too close to the water. I, on the other hand, love that!

I think you will enjoy the cove balcony very much... and your boyfriend. We loved ours. I'm a fan of just sitting on the balcony and watching for sea life: flying fish, dolphins, refugees, etc... The cove balcony is ideal for that. It's also much more private and in shade.

Too close to the water?? No such thing!! We had 2288 on the Dream and it was a great, quiet location and centrally located. Depending on where we were heading we knew which stairs to take to go up. I've had lido balconies on the Liberty and Glory and I missed being close to the water. I made the decision for a cove over a lido on the Breeze for one reason, how close to the water you are in a cove. It's like having an ocean front room. We are doing a B2B and I can't wait to spend 2 weeks in it!!

We were on deck 14 on Allure and couldn't see squat! I can't believe he would argue being closer to the water. I told him it's not like he could hang his arm over and his fingers would be touching water! You're still a little high up there! Maybe he thinks he's gonna get splashed or something. I never know with that one.

Edited by Jenhem31

The coves are great. You are still 3 decks above the water line--so not exactly on the water, but because there is the outside lanai on deck 5 that surrounds the ship, balcony cabins above deck 5 do not get to see directly down to the water like non-dream class ships. In addition, your balcony has more leg room than standard balconies--45 sq ft vs 35 sq ft.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Edited by forwardcabin

Thank you! We sailed Breeze in February and had an inside. It was our first and probably last. I tried to explain the other balconies look over that deck but he wasn't having it. Truth be told, I'd have booked the cove if he liked it or not. [emoji57]

Two things. First, because you're more shaded, you don't have to worry about getting a sunburn. Two, if you're on the Port side, it's a great spot to watch for dock runners. We had 2268 on the Breeze, and it was a good location. We're hooked on cove balconies!

Edited by beachbum53