Priceline Room Availablity ?

sparky3229

Does Priceline have a bank of rooms held at the hotels they do business with, or is availbility checked only when you make a request? The hotel I want (and the 4 star one they generally use) has no availbility for my night. I was wondering if priceline has reserved "X" amount of rooms at certain hotels. Also don't know if I should post this on the hotel site instead...not sure how many people check that thread.

Does Priceline have a bank of rooms held at the hotels they do business with, or is availbility checked only when you make a request? The hotel I want (and the 4 star one they generally use) has no availbility for my night. I was wondering if priceline has reserved "X" amount of rooms at certain hotels. Also don't know if I should post this on the hotel site instead...not sure how many people check that thread.

do you know the hotel you are asking for is offered on PRiceline?

have to read www.biddingfortravel.com ?

priceline works-- if the hotel has an abundance of rooms left over then its offered to priceline. If someone books a convention/group into the hotel they have no rooms available.

when are you looking to book rooms?

Yes, I imagine Priceline doesn't have a block of rooms set aside waiting for me to call and rent one:( .

Serene, I am looking for Nov 19 in Miami for one night pre cruise. Yes, I have been to biddingfortravel...I know the hotels etc. So I have been bidding 4* for the Hyatt, but called them yesterday only to find out they just have a few suites left only. I was going to make my "safe" reservation at the Holiday Inn Port, but they are sold out due to a convention:mad: . I know that closer to my date they may open up some rooms due to cancellations, but I never feel comfortable waiting that long to make a reservation.

Priceline gives the Ramada for 3*, but Trent says it's pretty gross. We arrive in Miami at 7, so at our hotel by 7:45ish. We need dinner and a place to sleep. I thought having Baytside across the street would give us something to do for a bit since we will be on west coast time. The 2 places Trent always speaks of are too much $$$ for us, esp for just one short night.

Archived