Cat 11 - Worth it?

Catrin

This is my fifth cruise... the first one without the kids since 1999. I noticed that there was a cat 11 cabin available for our upcoming Legend Cruise....

We already have a 8G booked.... perfect middle room, for a great price. Is it worth the extra money (looks like about 700-800) for the extended balcony and special room??

Please share your experiences!

Catrin

This is my fifth cruise... the first one without the kids since 1999. I noticed that there was a cat 11 cabin available for our upcoming Legend Cruise....

We already have a 8G booked.... perfect middle room, for a great price. Is it worth the extra money (looks like about 700-800) for the extended balcony and special room??

Please share your experiences!

Catrin

Question is, is it worth it to YOU??? If you can swing it, why not? A week without the kids... on a cruise, you and hubby... if you are going to be spending some extra time in the room (and you should!!!!!!!!!) my opinion? Heck yeah!!!! :D You only live once and you can't take it with ya!!! I'd say go for it!! :D Have a great time!

If you can swing the extra cost without it effecting your lifestyle or other parts of the vacation (spending money, excursions, photos, drinks, etc.) then DO IT!!

If I could afford it, I would only book 9A's or Category 11/12's. I've been lucky enough to buy 1 Category 11. If your husband enjoyed your larger balcony so much in the Cat. 12, I'm afraid he could be disappointed in the regular balconies since they only hold the 2 chairs and a small table- could be a bit tiny for him.

I'd try for the 9A or look for an aft cabin right next door to any 9A on the deck plan with availability. The cabins right next door have a few extra feet of space for no additional cost (Cat 8). They do on Destiny Class Ships at least, so I'm assuming it's that way on the fleet.

Enjoy your "Alone Time" cruise!

Well... just an update....

and thank you for your suggestions!

The total cost difference was 580.00 pp..... we just cannot swing that much for the corner room......

I think we are going to enjoy our extended balcony just the same....

Looking at the legend pics... does Deck 3 wrap all the way around the back of the ship???? Could we take walks out there? If that is the case, then we will take advantage of quiet moments there.

Thanks for the pics and opinions!

Catrin

I'm in the minority I'm sure but we sailed the Triumph in March 2003 and got an upgrade from a cat 8 to cat 11. While it was nice, this April we were on the Glory in a cat 8A room on upper deck near the forward elevators and stairs. We absolutely loved our cabin and our location. While the cat 11 was still mid-ship, we just loved our cabin so much more especially the bathroom. Even though it didn't have a tub like the cat 11 (never used), the layout was much better and for me, both the shower and the dressing area weren't so claustrophic feeling since the dressing area was part of the actual room in cat 8A instead of a narrow area in the cat 11. The balcony was exactly the same size (at least we thought so) and on the Glory, we had 2 chairs exactly the same and on the Triumph in cat 11, one was lower than the other. I'd book 8A again in a second! SAve your money for the rest of your trip or for next time!

Mary

depends on if its worth it to you!...to me, I love Cat 11s...I enjoy the jacuzzi after a tiring day in the sun and sightseeing. The dressing room out side the bathroom with the mirrored lights is wonderful. The balcony is larger, the room lit totally different, extra double windows, lots of space, mirrored walls and tons of drawer space....but even better yet, is the cat 12....we only booked one once, and for the difference in price of cat 11 and 12, I'd stick to the 11...cat 8's are only worth it to me if I got a real bargain price, like I did for my november sailing...otherwise its a cat 11 for me everytime.

Barb

Archived