Oasis of the Seas a Go-Pro Eastern Honeymoon

Final Thoughts:

Oasis is a wonderful ship that offers so much more than the smaller class ships, there are venues to eat, bars, and activities out the WAZOO. We never ONCE felt like we were a rat trapped in a cage surrounded by others, the layout of the ship spreads out people so well it was never claustrophobic or uncomfortable.

We failed to attend any of the regular attractions of late night entertainment, Quest or the Love and Marriage Game Show, these were both on later than 10pm and because of the drinking through the day we failed to maintain the alertness to attend. We watched the L&MGS on the tv the flowing day and feel that we got the gist of it.

We also failed to attend any of the CC meet and mingle, Slot Pull, or Room Raid as we did not want to vacate our deck chairs. The same reason is why we did not attend the worlds sexiest man or the belly flop, these were all held in the aqua theater and it would have required us to give up our hard fought for deck chairs.

Food was wonderful in all of the premium restaurants with a power ranking as follows:

1:Giovanni's

2:Chops

3:Sabor

4:Izumi Hibachi

5:MDR

6:150 Central Park

Yes the most expensive we put on the bottom, Honestly it wasn't WOW, it was BLAH.

Booze packages - well worth the money if you are planning on consuming a health amount of booze, and enjoying bottled water. Between the two of us we must have collected 30+ bottles and consumed them all, we plan on doing the premium on all cruises moving forward.

Balcony - If you have never, please try it, there is more room outside, you smell the ocean and feel the wind, it is such beautiful area that allows for such enjoyment of the ship. We will NEVER book a non balcony after this

Crew- Everyone was attentive, friendly, helpful, and willing to support whenever needed, we never had a bad experience, or met someone unwilling to help us.

We will be back on Oasis in August of 2016 and will try a slightly smaller ship of Independence in January of 2016. Royal is our home away from home, and we feel we really got a wonderful experience the first time on a big ship.

We'll be sailing on same route on 22/8, and we are so excited... But I know we will always wake up much later than you guys in the morning, so my question is regarding lounge chairs by swimming pools or sun deck...are they really hard to get...? Can't I ask the staff to remove towels from unattended chairs?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

GREAT REVIEW! I'm glad you had a great cruise and was so positive. Sorry to hear 150 Central Park was a bust. We have done it in the past a few times and loved it, but more and more are saying what you said. That's too bad. We are on Rhapsody in Sep. and doing Chef's Table. We have done it twice (including Quantum last Feb) and it has been wonderful. But friends did it on Oasis and didn't like it. I fear Royal Caribbean is sliding.

But glad you enjoyed your cruise. The pictures were fantastic.

Great review. Thank you.

We snuck out of 150 with a Blah sense and found a secret balcony overlooking central park. I did have to manually unlock the sliding glass door... but we won't tell the captain about that will we?

G0872024_zpswzmnsqxr.jpg

A crew area? Please do tell more.

We'll be sailing on same route on 22/8, and we are so excited... But I know we will always wake up much later than you guys in the morning, so my question is regarding lounge chairs by swimming pools or sun deck...are they really hard to get...? Can't I ask the staff to remove towels from unattended chairs?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

If they are unattended for 30 minutes they will remove them for you. There were always seats on the top decks, you just will have to go down the stairs for the pool.

The meat looked to be cooked perfectly, for me and my DW's tastes....

Were the cuts shown at Cops and the MDR ordered rare?

They looked deEELISHious!

MDR didn't have rare as an option so that was Medium Rare.

Chops was Rare, and they did not disappoint!

Day 3: SEA DAY!

I chose beer throughout the meal, and we were joined with some fun table mates. You sit 8 to a table, and don't plan on going here if you aren't looking to interact or have fun.

It's a small world ... :D:D:D ... after all

Oasis%20of%20the%20Seas%20May%2016%202015%2041_zpsyuzypgpy.jpg

Great review. Thank you.

A crew area? Please do tell more.

Deck 9 Forward near the elevators. Keep walking towards central park and you will see an inconspicuous sliding glass door. There aren't any specific signs prohibiting entry, so I don't think its against the rules.

Oddly enough the Premium Package does NOT cover espresso, BUT it does cover espresso with alcohol in it. I wasn't going to argue...

Not argue? You should start a topic here on CC about it! Such injustice! It's a travesty I say! You should have gotten OBC for your inconvenience!

:D:D:D