How much beach time on Blue Lagoon Sea Lion excursion?

Wilson

I have read all the reviews for the Sea Lion excursion at Blue Lagoon, but still can't determine how much time will you be allowed at the island before having to return to Nassau. Anyone with recent experience?

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on what time your encounter is and what time you have to be back on the ship. Also, are you booking through the cruise line or going on your own?

We haven't done the sea lion encounter but we did the dolphin encounter several years ago. This was our experience - we did the 10:30 encounter and were finished a little after 12. That gave us time to shower off and get cleaned up and purchase our pictures before the 1 o'clock ferry but it was rushed. We ended up taking the 2 o'clock ferry back to give us time to walk around the island and see the sea lions. We really didn't have enough time even then for "beach time".

I think there is also a 4 o'clock ferry that would give you beach time but that may be too late depending on what time you have to get back to port.

Sorry I knew I forgot to add something...

In port from noon until midnight. Booked thru the ship and excursion starts at 1 pm.

Ahh, ok. I don't think you will have time for the beach then. Are you going through Royal Caribbean? From their description of the tour, it sounds like you would have a chance to see the dolphins in the lagoon. I hope that doesn't discourage you. Blue Lagoon is amazing and the sea lions are so cute. Enjoy the ferry ride too - it's really part of the excursion and the views are beautiful.

We loved the dolphin encounter and I really hope we can get back for the sea lion encounter one of these days.

Are you going through Royal Caribbean?

Is there another line? :D

We are hoping that there is a tender that leaves later than 4.

I appreciate the input Crow.